Chapter 12: A New Gravity Falls

The town was barely different in general appearance. The only things that had changed between your Gravity Falls and the one you were currently in was the people. Walking around the mall was like being in a brand new place even though you recognized the building.

Mabel had insisted that you go out and about with her while Dipper tried to figure out what was going on in your dimension and how to get you back there. It was becoming severely stressful when you thought about it so Mabel had decided to take your mind off of it. She still startled you at times, especially when she popped up out of nowhere looking so similar to your cousin, yet so much more colorful.

"We should go and get some ice cream," Mabel told you excitedly. "I called Candy and Grenda so they'll probably show up soon. I invited Pacifica also but I don't know whether she'll want to come. She's been so busy lately."

Candy and Grenda. You had heard the names before but you had never gotten to meet the actual people in your dimension. Mabel occasionally mentioned them in conversation. "Sounds great," you said with a small, slightly forced grin.

You were still nervous and her distraction strategy hadn't entirely worked.

Bill was in your dimension with a physical form, probably wreaking havoc and for the majority of the points, it was completely your fault. Everybody was in danger because of you.

Granted, Dipper and Mabel were probably reveling in the mayhem that had been caused, but there were others who shouldn't be involved in it. Pacifica and Gideon would have no idea what was going on.

The thoughts were still in your mind when Mabel shoved an ice cream into your hand.

"You're worrying about it too much," she told you with a grin. Her own ice cream was more sprinkles than actual ice cream. "Bill's still weak and he's not the type to just rush into things. He'll drag it out so Dipper and I can help you get rid of him."

"What?" you asked blankly.

Mabel laughed. "We're not going to just send you back to deal with him by yourself. We know Bill. We can help you get him out of your dimension for good."

"What's going to stop him from coming back?" you asked. "He said it himself, the barriers in my dimension are extremely weak."

"I heard Dipper discussing that the other night," Mabel said nonchalantly. "He thinks that if you can find the dream demon that's supposed to be in your dimension and get him – or her – to become, I dunno, territorial (?) then maybe the barrier will get stronger against Bill. After that, Bill should be forced to stay away from your dimension like he has to avoid others."

It was probably a good idea for any dimension other than your own. Will hardly came across as being strong enough to pull off something like that.

You avoided saying anything though.

Candy, Grenda, and Pacifica all showed up, effectively surprising you. Having seen the changes on Mabel, you were suspecting Pacifica to be more like your cousin. Only, she wasn't. While a little cautious after Mabel had introduced you, she had seemed perfectly fine. Grenda was a little intimidating but was really sweet after you got past the exterior and Candy was brilliant at maintaining long and in-depth conversations about interesting topics.

Walking around the mall, visiting a few of the shops and the like, was actually rather fun. It was only when you sat down for lunch and the topic changed that it got a little awkward.

"So (y/n)," Grenda started. "Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend back in your dimension?"

You coughed a little and shook your head. "Uh... no. Not quite. I'm not really focusing on relationships at the moment. What about you guys?"

"Don't try to deflect the subject," Candy said, catching onto what you were trying to do. "You're trying to hide something. Maybe a crush?"

"Maybe," you allowed, realizing that you wouldn't get away with lying. "I'll give you a few more details if you tell me all of your own." You had hoped that perhaps one of them would be able to provide a shift of attention somehow. It didn't work out so well.

"Ours aren't too dramatic," Pacifica told you smugly. "Mabel's crushing on the guy who works at the lake, Grenda's in a long term relationship with Marius whatever his last name is, and Candy is on a no dating pact with herself. Your turn."

Grenda scoffed. "Marius is starting to get on my nerves more and more with each day. Think I'm going to break up with him soon."

"It's about time," Candy muttered. "You two are constantly on and off. I read that it's not healthy for any relationship to do that. It'd probably be better if you just found other people."

Mabel nodded in agreement before turning back to you. "Well..." she inquired. "Give us more details about this crush of yours."

You searched quickly for an escape route and located one pretty soon. "Hold up, I said that I wanted to hear from everybody and Pacifica has told me nothing about hers. Is it some kind of secret that I'm not meant to know about?"

"Of course not!" Mabel told you with a laugh. "She likes Dipper. You just can't tell him because he doesn't know yet."

"What?!" Pacifica spluttered, nearly knocking her drink over. "I do not like your brother in that way!"

Candy snickered. "Yes you do. Do you think we haven't noticed how you blush and get all flustered when Dipper's around?"

"I do not!" the blonde snapped in defense.

You chuckled, watching the argument between the four girls as they set out to prove that Pacifica had a crush on Dipper Pines. It appeared that your silent wish had been answered and they had found something more entertaining than questioning you. Distractions worked well when a change of topic was needed.

It wasn't like you had anything too interesting to say either.

"I think I may have a small attraction to this guy but I know that it's pointless because he either wouldn't care or wouldn't be allowed to care. I don't even know if there's a rule or something against it but there might be. Heck, for all I know, I could end up dead as a result of it. Or tortured if either of my lovely cousins found out."

You were beginning to realize that your cousins were a little more than sadistic. They weren't just control freaks. They were completely crazed.

Speaking of your cousins, you sat bolt upright when you spotted Dipper's face. If it hadn't been for his hair being a complete mess, you would have had complete heart failure. You very nearly did as a result of just seeing him.

He made his way over to where you were sitting and it was only once he entered the restaurant that you noticed the person behind him.

"Will?" you asked softly. It was just loud enough for Mabel to hear and look in the direction you were staring.

Dipper reached the table soon after and leaned against Pacifica's chair, causing a bright red color to overtake the girl's face. "We may have a problem," he told you and Mabel. "Bill's apparently decided to get rid of any competition in his 'new' realm."

Will gaze flickered up to meet yours briefly before it turned back to the ground. His eye was bloodshot, he was no longer wearing his suit, and his hair was a mess. If you stared closely, you thought you could see hints of bruising on his collar bone. Some part of you suspected that it had nothing to do with a rough landing.

"What does this mean?" you asked Dipper. "If Bill's kicking others out of the dimension?"

Dipper's eyes narrowed. "It means that he's apparently learnt from last time. We need to get to your dimension as quickly as possible and get some upgraded equipment." He paused. "And maybe gather up the people needed for the zodiac."

The zodiac on your leg sent a sharp sting though your skin.

s eyes.\K