Chapter 11: Not Dipper...?

Confusion was pretty much the main emotion you were feeling at that moment. It only served to heighten when Mabel took a sharp right turn and led you away from the direction you knew the huge manor was in and towards the old tourist trap known as the Mystery Shack.

She had asked you if something was wrong twice now. Mainly because you had taken to quickly averting your eyes whenever she so much as glanced in your direction. It was a seemingly stupid reaction. She had done nothing to show that she was anything like your cousin but she just looked so much like her. Albeit, a little less groomed.

The Mystery Shack looked different to how you knew it but you didn't have time to admire it before Mabel was kicking the door open and walking in with a loud shout of, "You'll never believe what I found!"

You jumped slightly when a voice that sounded awfully similar to Dipper's responded with, "You had better not have brought some random forest creature back here!"

"I didn't!" Mabel countered loudly. She gestured for you to follow her and headed for the living room. "I found this girl who looks just like our cousin (y/n) and she says that Bill sent her here from another dimension!"

So you did exist in this dimension. It was a strange thought to entertain. Not that you got much time to do so as Dipper appeared soon afterwards.

"What about Bill?" he asked and your blood ran cold. It wasn't that he looked like the Dipper you know, if anything they could be complete opposites. Especially when it came down to hair. It was just the way that he spoke... less cold and maniacal, true but it didn't help much.

Mabel gestured to you. "She just popped out of nowhere in front of me! She says that Bill sent her here from another dimension."

Dipper looked at you curiously, almost as if he could tell what you were thinking just by staring at him. "Bill sent you here?" he asked. "Why?"

"Um..." you gulped a little and took a deep breath. "He... uh... he tricked me by saying that he needed help in escaping my dimension and then he... changed his mind and decided to take over instead. He then sent me back to his dimension."

"Sounds like something he would pull," Dipper scoffed. "I'm surprised he didn't just kill you. There must be some gain for him from doing this."

"Well how do I get back to my dimension?" you asked softly. "I mean, Bill said that he was going to destroy it. There has to be some way for me to help, right?"

Dipper looked conflicted. "I don't know how to get you back to your exact dimension," he confessed. "I'll start working on it but I may need some help. What I don't understand is why Bill would be allowed to go after another dimension. I thought that the other version of him would put a stop to it."

Somehow you didn't think that Will was going to be able to do much against the other dream demon.

"Until Dipper gets you back to your dimension, you can stay with us!" Mabel told you excitedly. "There's an extra room and I think some of my clothing would fit you."

Borrowing Mabel's clothing hadn't been something you had ever dared to ask about. She didn't really understand the meaning of the word 'share' so it was needless to say that you were quite shocked at the offer.

"Really?" you asked.

"Of course!" Mabel said. "We should start a club called, 'Bill Tricked Us!'"

"Bill has tricked you also?" you asked. The question was more aimed at Dipper than Mabel. In your dimension, he was the one that seemed to be involved with the whole dream demon stuff.

Dipper gave a slight nod. "A long time ago and he got us all. It's what he does. He preys on your weaknesses and desires to make you give him what he wants. You should never trust any creature that calls themselves a dream demon. They're all pretty much the same."

Will included? You wondered to yourself. He had always seemed different but you had recently seen that he would do anything Dipper asked him to. Including trick you.

"Stop being so dramatic!" Mabel complained. "I'm sure that there are some dream demons who are perfectly nice! We've just never met them."

"Whatever you say," Dipper said, brushing the comment off. "Do you mind if I ask you some questions? If we're going up against Bill again, I may need to know what's going on."

"I don't know that myself but I can certainly try," you offered. The more time you were spending around the twins, the more you were starting to relax. They didn't seem to be anything like the Gleefuls that you knew. Even if they looked and sounded like them.

Dipper asked you a lot of questions while Mabel – bored with sitting and listening – went running off to go and set up your room.

"He's resilient, that's for sure," Dipper commented after you explained how Bill appeared to you. "We basically destroyed him while he was inside the mindscape and he still managed to come back. Did he possess you?" You hesitated and Dipper nodded. "Okay, you don't need to tell me about it. It's a very invasive thing to go through once."

"You've experienced it?" you asked.

He nodded. "When Mabel and I were 12 and we visited Gravity Falls. Bill managed to trick me into making a deal with him."

"He's very manipulative," you admitted. You had honestly believed that Bill only wanted to get back to his dimension but the more you heard about him, you were beginning to be convinced that he planned it that way from the start.

Dipper was going to answer but before he could, Mabel came bounding down the stairs. "Okay!" she said triumphantly. "I managed to get the majority of the dust out of the room! Let's take a break from all this serious stuff for a moment."

"Alright," Dipper said. "I think I should make some calls and see if anybody has any advice on pinpointing a specific dimension. Is there anything defining you can tell me about your dimension?"

"It's nothing like this," you said truthfully.

Mabel grabbed your hand then and led you to your temporary room which turned out to be the attic bedroom. "Tada!" she said happily. "Decorating done by your truly, Mabel Pines!"

Your amusement at the brightly-colored room faded the moment she said that. Pines. Her last name wasn't Gleeful in this dimension. It was the same as Gideon's which would explain why she lived in the Mystery Shack.

"Something wrong?" Mabel asked, seemingly concerned over your very sudden silence.

"No, nothing," you said quickly. "You just have a slightly different name in my dimension and it confused me a little."

Mabel accepted your answer with no argument. "Makes sense," she said. "I put some of my clothes in the cupboard if you want to get changed. You're a little muddy."

Glancing down, you cringed at how right she was. Your outfit was covered in the muck that made up the undergrowth of the forest. Your nose wrinkled. "Thanks, I'll get changed now," you told her. "Sorry to barge in like this."

"It's fine!" Mabel said with a laugh. "I love it when new people drop in! I'll head downstairs and make you some premium Mabel Juice! It'll make you feel instantly better!" She disappeared back through the door, shutting it behind her.

Taking a deep breath, you started to get changed, trying to calm down your racing mind and heart. Everything was currently feeling rather surreal. Like you were going to wake up from a dream at any moment.

It was only when you spotted the bright yellow mark on your leg that you froze.

Bill hadn't been lying. It wasn't a triangle. It was a zodiac. One that you had seen Bill draw once before.