Specters Attack

We step on the gas as we get off the elevator. The roar is heard around the place and we storm off into the town where we lost the view of those bastards.

As we got closer, we started to check where we lost them exactly and the street where we did it too. We lost them by a small town, not a lot of houses in it and almost all of them were pretty far apart. Yet, they were all connected; it wasn't obvious, until you realize the patterns of each house. Each house had two roads, both of them connecting to another house. I'm guessing it's an "escape route" plan they managed. This gives me a hint they are at some level of smart, also... It means they're not alone.

We decided to not split up, but we couldn't keep going with the Conquest Knights. They were too loud to sneak up, even with a plan. We parked them on a deserted hill nearby and got off. We covered the vehicles with a camouflaged cloak, as we did, we brought with ourselves a sniper rifle with a silencer, an ear piece for both of us, and a backpack with 6 grenades, 3 extra mags and 3 sticky bombs. We had a lot of fire power, but our main weapons would be our knifes since it's the most quiet of them all.

Shadow - I really wanted to use the Knights.
Jim - Well, what direction do you want to head to first?
Shadow - Let's just go left first.

We started to walk. Our trip was quiet, we didn't like to talk much when a mission was upon our heads.

"Ah... Like old times" I thought to myself.

My mind was sharp, my body was loose, my eyes were focused and my ears were paying attention to a voice from the thugs or a scream of my Nadia... I thought, if I could just hear her voice, I could get her back and leave this place as quick as possible to make her be safe. That's all I care about, her being safe. In fact, if I don't have to kill the guys who took her, I won't... Nadia is my priority, not them. Jim may not have the same priority, though.

Voices are heard in the distance. I see a roof coming up from the horizon and a bit of smoke in the back. Me and Jim take out our sniper rifles and scan the area from a distance, laying on the floor.

Jim - Seven guys, all in the back on a BBQ.
Shadow - All armed, but distracted.
Jim - Want to go for the kill?
Shadow - We won't compromise our escape route back here, we gotta quiet them all.
Jim - Fine, stay here, I'll go stab some bitches.
Shadow - Ok, I'll cover.

Jim, crouching, goes slowly, but surely, to the front of the house. He looks in through the window to check if we missed someone. We didn't. He opens the door quietly and closest it just as silent. I see him through the window moving forwards and-

Shadow - Jim, get down!

I tell him through the ear piece.

Shadow - Guy on your right, get down!

He takes low cover on the side of a wall, takes out his knife and waits. He's ready, I'm ready; if it gets ugly... we're ready.

Shadow - Wait for it, wait...

He gets in his attack position, and...

Shadow - Now! Take him!

Jim stood up and put his arm around the guy's neck, pushing his head with the other, cutting the oxygen low from his lungs and making him pass out. When he was passed out, Jim took him to the front sticker his knife in the guy's throat and hid him below their couch.

Jim - Shadow, I think we might have to get them all.
Shadow - Jim...
Jim - Shadow, one of them is dead, they're gonna get suspicious of what he is doing. We have to shut them all up!
Shadow - ...

I thought about it for a couple seconds. I knew Jim would kill if he thought necessary but, this time, he had a point... We have to get them all.

Shadow - Hide around, wait for me, I'm on my way. We'll be better together.
Jim - Ok, copy.

It took me a couple seconds to get there, but I had to bring everything with me, just in case.

Shadow - Ok, let's get in... hold on.

We got in, quietly. I took everything, but my knife, and put it under the couch with the dead guy.

Shadow - Ok, Grounded Air approach.
Jim - Yeah, for old time's sake.
Shadow - Fuck yeah, bro...

Grounded Air was our favorite way of attack back in the SA. It's a stealth-type approach and ends up with a full on attack in the center. We've done it so many times; it's amazing how effective this is.

We went all the way to the front of the house. I grabbed a couple pebbles and climbed the roof as he waited on the left side of the house. We got in position; we then signaled each other and Grounded Air had begun.

I threw a pebble to the right side of the house; their attention was caught. As soon as it was, I threw another three for extra noise. This time, five of the guys went to the right to see what was going on. The sixth guy stayed behind with the BBQ; his fatal mistake.

Jim walked towards him. He covered the guy's mouth and stabbed his neck, straight in the middle. He let him go gently on the ground to not alert the others, and the plan went on. He took cover on the side of the back wall. Everyone was still on the right side looking to the front. Jim took his opening, and so was my turn to do it too.

He attacked the closest guy in the group with the knife, holding it up to his neck; holding him hostage on the spot. They all heard it so they turned around to shoot but he took cover behind their friend. When they all turned around, I threw a pebble on the head to the closest guy to Jim and jumped off the roof to land on the guys that were at the, now, end of the group. When I landed, I took out two guys. One with a flying knee to the head and the other with the knife to the skull. The other two remaining turned around to see what was happening. The instant they did that, Jim cut open the hostage's throat and moved up to another guy. He killed him quick and then we both stood up to face the last guy, putting our knifes on his chest. He had a gun, but the shock of it all kept him frozen in place. He knew if he tried to make a move, we would get him first.

Shadow - Don't do anything stupid.
Thug - Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. Please, don't kill me, please. I'll do anything! Just, don't hurt me.
Jim - I don't trust him.
Thug - No, really, please! I won't say anything to anyone about what just happened, I swear!
Shadow - Sounds like you're lying, buddy.
Thug - Really! I'm not! I'll do what you ask for, just tell me and I'll do it! I swear! Please, don't kill me!

He starts to cry as he pleads for our mercy.

Thug - Please... Oh, God, forgive me...
Jim - You'll do anything?
Thug - Yes... I'll do whatever you guys want me too.

He says as tears run down his face.

Shadow - First things first, give me that gun.
Thug - Here.

He hands it over to me.

Shadow - Now... I'm going to need some information, ok? What do you say we go inside?

We went to walk inside but, before we did...

Shadow - Wait.

I took my knife and went to that guy I took out with a flying knee; that knee might have just knocked him out. He was laying upside down, I put the gun beside him, I grabbed him by his hair and pulled his head up. A sudden burst of anger grew over me, I took the knife in my hand and gripped it as hard as I could, as if someone were to take it away from me, and then...

Then I sliced his head clean off his body. Adrenaline on my veins, pumping blood all over my body. Fast, like a lightning bolt, it came and went. I looked at the corpse then glanced to the thug and Jim. My face was covered in blood, but the message was sent.

Shadow - Now... Let's move on.