I'm in deep stuff now

Walking... it's all I would do to get to my destiny with my baby.

Shadow - Nadia... I'm coming, baby.
Max - Hey!
Shadow - What?
Max - WHAT are you doing?!
Shadow - I'm going over there to get Nadia.
Max - I overheard your "plan" back there, it ain't much of a rescue plan.
Shadow - No?
Max - No, sounds more like a suicide attempt.
Shadow - Well, why the hell should I care about what you think?
Max - Because I know what's best for you...

How?... how would he know what's best for me? He claims he does, which is improbable, but... he has never lied to me.

Max - Shadow... I've seen how bad it's been. All the killing you did years ago for destiny to pair you up with that beautiful girl; then have destiny itself stab you in the back and take her away from you... that's hard man.
Shadow - It was destiny?
Max - Haha! Yes, my friend... it was your own destiny calling you up to your own sense of the wild. It was them, Shadow, they took your girl and you are choosing to give up on their doorstep.
Shadow - It's the best chance I have...
Max - BEST CHANCE YOU HAVE?! You... you need me in your life to guide you. I see that now more than ever.
Shadow - You keep out of my personal life, Max; I'm serious.
Max - Very well, but you need me for this. In fact, look... we're already here.
Shadow - what?

I looked to the front, time felt as if it had collapsed on itself and went forward by minutes, maybe hours. I saw the mansion, it was big and had security in each corner. There were atleast 4 guys in every side, people in the balcony, in cars, this was guarded like a mother fucker...

Shadow - So... if we don't give up and surrender to see Nadia inside, what do we do?
Max - Shut up! Let me think.

He paused and looked everywhere.

Max - Ok, you see that guy smoking?
Shadow - Yes?
Max - We need him, take him out.

I walked as far as I could to take cover next to a truck parked a couple meters from the front door. I could see it from here, it had a lock-pad; looked like it was card-activated. At that moment I knew it would have to be someone of interest to the main man who had a keycard and it wasn't the one I was about to take on. Yet I did go for it.

I creeped around him while crouched, silenced like the wind on a calm day. The pressure was on, it was as if I was back in the SA but all alone. It should have felt like back when I had to save Jim, but it didn't; it felt worse. My best friend was in danger and I was as well but it was part of our business, we knew what we signed up for; Nadia didn't ask for this one. The horrors they could've made her go through are something that I do not want to even imagine. She is strong, but they are many.

I saw my prey ahead, taking the cigarette in his hand and shoving the smoke into his lungs. I saw him and my mind went off, I felt like it was my first victim ever, the first time I killed someone... I waited one more time as an idea flourished in my brain for a swift takedown. I waited for him to inhale his cigarette's smoke one more time and...

Max - NOW!

I stood up quick and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him backwards over a cement wall without the release of the toxic air; he passed out quick in my arms. I snapped his neck while he was unconscious, making him go into a sleep he wasn't going to wake up from.

Max - Take his clothes.

I stripped him down, leaving him with only his underwear to cover his dead body on the ground. I took everything and put them on myself, fitted perfectly.