Our circle meets its end

Robert - I said... what the hell are you doing here?
Nadia - Nothing, dad, I just needed some alone time to think.

He exhaled heavily and lowered his head in a disappointing gesture.

Robert - This isn't about that retarded criminal, is it?
Nadia - Well, what do you think?
Robert - Nadia, he was bad for you! Do you have ANY idea about his past?!
Nadia - Yes, and for 17 long years I didn't care about his past!
Robert - You should've!
Nadia - Well I DON'T!

He closed the door violently when she screamed that. His breath got heavier, he was agitated and noticeably violent. He walked slowly closer to her while talking.

Robert - Listen and process through your useless little brain that I SAVED you from a criminal that was waiting for the right moment to attack you. You better be thankful or-
Nadia - Or what?!

She cut him off and it seemed it tipped him over because he was way too close for safe distance from an agitated, violent man. His chest inflated as he took a deep inhale and with a single motion he got his hand up in a way it was obvious he was going to hit her face.

Robert - Don't EVER disrespect me again!!

He swung his hand but stopped, not by his own decision. He turned around to see that someone was holding his hand in the air, stopping his slap dry in place, that someone... was me.

Robert - What the....
Shadow - Don't you dare hurt my Nadia.

I punched him in the stomach, bending him enough for an elbow to the spine that would knock him down for a second while we tried to escape.

Shadow - Nadia, pass me one of those blankets!

She passed me a blanket that was clearly strong. I tied up Robert's hands and mouth, so he also couldn't scream for help.

Shadow - Now you understand more that if i wanted to break you or Nadia, I would've done ages ago.

Nadia and I started to walk out, closing the door behind us. We didn't run, but we walked faster than normal. As we were walking and we're almost at the back door, we heard screams.

Robert - Get them!

Someone found him, they must've been there when he got there, that's why he closed the door, so the soldiers outside wouldn't hear. We opened the door and ran when we heard his voice, now it was his whole army against us. Lucky for us the soldiers on the back hadn't gotten the order when we crossed and we managed to run by past them.

Shadow - Come on! Let's go, baby!
Nadia - Right behind you!

We ran and ran until we hit a plain flat field with almost no trees in the middle and a couple of pillar-like rocks. On the other side of the field, a stream of water and a tree line.

Shadow - There, we hit that tree line and we're home free.
Nadia - Ok, let's go, baby; home free, with you.

As we ran into the field, we heard them; gunshots went off and we ducked our heads. We didn't stop ourselves from running until we reached one of the rocks. We sat down and ducked our heads, I covered her and mine with my arms helping her cover more and squeezing her closer to me and the center of the pillar. Bullets were hitting the side of the rock and we didn't know if we'd make it; I could see it in her eyes...

Shadow - Honey! Don't worry!

I had to scream so she'd hear my voice instead of gunshots.