The mark nobody forgot

I guess it was time... Time to take her back. I have my chance to get her back with me, to protect her from these kind of people forever. Having her by my side was all I ever needed and it was finally going to happen. I was happy but anxious and nervous; I need my full commitment and the full commitment from these guys, if not there this wouldn't work.

Dave - The security over there is incredibly hard to get by. Even we were required to get by security with no guns or weapons of any kind inside there.
Jim - Don't worry, we're not using the front door.
Shadow - Yes... That's exactly what we're doing.
Jim - What?
Dave - Dude...
Jim - Oh no, I feared this day would come... you finally, FUCKING, lost it!
Shadow - No... I have my reasons and I believe this is the best way.
Jim - They'll shoot us as soon as they see us.
Shadow - Not if our friend here has something to say about it.
Dave - Me?
Shadow - Yes.
Dave - You want me to lead you inside the boss's place?
Shadow - No shit...
Jim - Well...
Shadow - Come on, it can work.
Jim - What if it doesn't work?
Shadow - It will.
Jim - What if it doesn't?! Come on, man. I want to get her just as badly as you, but-
Shadow - No! Gust, you don't want to get her just as badly because I've been thinking about killing every single one of those FUCKERS on my own way. I haven't done it like that because I don't want to get you guys KILLED. You guys are fucking LUCKY that I have no intention on killing you. Gust, I've saved your ass in ways you know were supposed to be impossible; saved you from people that, their workplace, is the world and their office computers are their guns. You know exactly what I'm talking about, or did you fucking forget...?
Jim - I remember...

*flashback*

Shadow - Jim! Get down!

I tackled him to the ground as gunshots started to come from everywhere. They were on the roof, the balcony, backyard; hitmen sent by our agency after we retired. I'm guessing they didn't work for the agency as they were not as professional. Why? They left after various gunshots to the walls and roof, they figured we had died in that attempt; they had destroyed everything so, a normal person would've been dead. The agency didn't trust us, not just me and Jim, but they didn't trust our squadron. We ranked up too fast, they felt we were pulling strings backstage while we were only doing our job... so they tried to get us out of the picture to set an example. That's their mistake, they thought it was strings... we were not puppets, we were the reinforcements; we killed the puppets that refuse to listen to their masters. And so we did just that to the masters as well. Don't piss off a living weapon.

Shadow - Jim! Jim, are you ok?
Jim - Yeah... Dude, who the hell were those guys?
Shadow - I don't know... They tried to get me earlier. They went to my house and tried to shoot at me but thankfully their were cops next to my house with the neighbors. They overheard glass shattering, came to my house, and the hitmen escaped. I knew they would either come here or they already came here. I had to check.
Jim - Well, I'm ok now. I don't think the others are though.
Shadow - Yeah, me neither. Did you see the front of the car?
Jim - I managed to catch a glimpse, I though I saw blood.
Shadow - Yep, recent, as well.
Jim - So, what are we going to do?
Shadow - Jim... I think we need to set our own example to them.
Jim - Yeah?
Shadow - Hell yeah. Gather your shit, we're going hunting.
Jim - Let's light up these mother fuckers.

We worked with no government, we worked for nobody, we didn't exist; we were the law that bonded life as you know it and order as we know it to create the balance you see now. The only strings that were pulled were the strings of veins inside our objective's body. Now, we have one more objective: for them to FUCK OFF.