Chapter 1: Something Is Off About Him

Chapter One: Something Is Off About Him

-

     Michael strode into the offices, happy and upbeat. He strutted by where Max was and did an impression of Ross, "G'morning, m'lady." He grinned at Max with a tip of his imaginary fedora. Max looked away from his monitors and spun on his office chair in Red's direction.

     Once he saw him, leaning on the door frame, the morning sunlight hitting his vibrant red hair, making it shine he laughed. Max spun back around to his monitor to resume editing a video that looked like it belonged to Adam.

     "You okay there?" Red's head tipped to the right slightly, in confusion or as if trying to see from a better angle. "Yeah, yeah, of course," Max replied. Something about this tone made Michael uneasy, 'what is up with him? There's something wrong and I know it, but don't push it there, Vacktor.' Michael's thoughts talked to him as they normally did. Michael nodded and continued on with his day.

-three hours later-

    "Adam?" Michael asked, it was now lunch, they were seated in a restaurant booth that he had forgotten the name of. You know, the usual.

     "Yes, YouTube Sensation: RedVacktor?" Adam grinned, like a chain reaction, Michael grinned, Adam had always found ways to make him smile and laugh unknowingly; it's what made Adam, Adam.

     "Well . . . I don't know if there is anything wrong but . . . I think something is wrong with Max. He just . . .seems off, you know?" Michael had asked, when he had said it, it made Adam stop chewing and shift in his seat. Something was up. So it wasn't just Red's nerves, stringing him along.

     "Oh yeah, man. Max his a-okay." Adam smiled, but it was fake. Almost like everything else. Michael knew, at that point, he had to do everything in his power to help one of his closest friends, and fellow ginger.

-

i'm sorry these are short but hang in there, they're going to get longer and the plot'll thicken. oh and sorry if the Prologue doesn't fit in with this, it's a scene that'll happen towards the center of the book or climax as some refer to it.

A/N; i typed this chapter awhile ago and i found out today that Ma

- NotJanet

X