Chapter 4: Embrace

Chapter Four: Embrace

-

"Max, want to come over tonight, I mean. The whole office'll be there. Movie night at me and Barney's," Michael smiled and leaned against the doorframe of the fellow ginger's office. Max looked up from his monitor, he was just checking emails.

     "Yeah," Max hesitated. "I'd like that; thanks Red."

     Max had a tingly feeling at the sight of Michael's face light up that he had agreed to after work plans. Max wasn't the one to go out and about after work hours. Sometimes, he would, if there was nothing else to do. The tingly feeling was warm and fuzzy, the sight of Red being happy made him get that feeling.

     And Max had no idea why, he was completely clueless.

    Micheal grinned, "Okay, so, come over at seven thirty? We'll have popcorn and guess what." Micheal leaned close to Max's ear. Mithzan had felt Michael's shallow, light breathing tickle his ear, sending a chill down his spine.

    "What?"

    "We also have apples." Max could sense Red grinning, and so he replied with his best 'apple' impression. "Apple, apple, apple, apple." He paused with a grin, "Apple?"

     Red grinned, "Max you suck."

     Max felt a tinge of hurt stab his heart, but he covered it with a fake smile. "I know."

     Michael intended his impression sucked, Max knew that. Right? Max had always thought that he hadn't been the best son to his mother. He had always felt horrible, inside and out. Girls had always been saying he was 'hot' and 'drool-worthy.' He wasn't interested in the girls that did it. A few caught his eye but he ignored it, knowing he wouldn't find the happiness he had always looked for.

     -

     Michael regretted saying it. A lot. "Damn, I'm so stupid," he had cursed once he entered his own office. "I'm sorry, Max." He had mumbled to himself, as if Max could hear. "It's okay . . ."He heard Max's deep, sensual voice behind him. Red hadn't realized he had been pacing until he stopped. "M-Max?" Red stuttered like a blabbing idiot.

     "Sorry. Er . . .I was here to tell you that I'll arrive at 8 tonight." Max turned a light hue of pink. Michael nodded, "Okay."

     "Oh, Red?"

      "Yeah?" Michael looked up, hopeful.

      "It's okay." Max gave Red a meek smile. That smile ate away at Michael's insides, hungrily. "I'm-" Michael began, and Max cut him off with the hold up of a hand. He obeyed, obviously. "Michael, hear me out. I'm fine, and I forgive you."

      Michael opened his mouth but closed it and gave a solemn nod and walked towards where Max stood. Red engulfed the other red head in a hug. Max wrapped his arms loosely around Michael's waist. Red's around Max's neck.

      Max leaned his head on the taller gingers shoulder, feeling Red's warmth and his deep scent wafted into Max's nose. Oh had Max wished he could stay like this, in Red's arms where it felt safe, and warm.

But he knew it wasn't an option.

-

i don't know if this was good or not

eh

bye

- NotJanet

X