Chapter 5: Kitty Cat

Chapter Five: Kitty Cat

-

     Max hesitated outside Michael's and Barney's house. Max kept staring at the door, whether to walk home or go in. He didn't want to be here. But then he did.

     Because Michael was.

     He sighed to himself and thought, 'might as well, if I don't show . . .' He gulped. 'Then Adam might think I did something.'

     He pushed the thought into the back of his mind and knocked.

     Almost immediately, Michael opened the door and engulfed the other ginger in a small, light hug. Once he pulled away, leaving Max on Cloud Nine, he smiled warmly at him. "Thanks for coming, Max."

     Max was still surprised from the hug and breathless, "Yeah, yeah. No problem."

     Red moved out of the way for Max to step in. Max immediately saw Ross and Adam, sitting on the couch. "Hey Max! C'mere!" Ross yelled from across the room.

     Max obeyed and walked over, "What?"

     "Look!" Adam grinned at a fluffy thing beside him. "You brought Kitty Purry?!" He slightly yelled, surprised, at Ross.

     "Well, yeah. Barney said it was fine." Ross grinned and stroked his cat.

     All of a sudden, he heard Barney speak up, "Yeahs I dids."

     Max nodded and plopped down beside Adam. "Hey, I was worried something happened if you didn't show." Adam mumbled with a small nudge to Max's side.

     "Yeah, I came." Max said stupidly, he wasn't thinking much, really.

     Red hadn't been paying to the conversation as he sat down. Or where Max sat for that matter, Michael sat down.

     On Max's lap.

     Red jumped up, "Oh, sorry, Max." Michael turned red. Max hadn't been paying attention either, that is, until Michael sat down.

     Max had a growing temptation for when Michael sat down to loop his arms around his waist and keep him there.

     He almost did, but Red stood up and apologized profusely. Max enjoyed Michael on his lap, and it made another area enjoy it too.

     Max blushed when he thought that Red might've felt it. He doubted it though, he would've teased him about it if he had.

     Michael had wanted to stay on Max's lap, but he thought he wouldn't have, and they were by their friends.

     Adam joked, "Wow, Red. I didn't think YouTube Sensation RedVacktor would ever sit in anybody's lap without looking."

    Red turned a bright pink, "Sorry Max . . ."

     Max smiled, forgivingly at Michael, "it's okay, Michael."

     Red smiled at Max like he'd never smiled before. It made Max have a tingly feeling inside. Max smiled back.

     "Okay, lovebirds, can we watch a movie?" Ross asked, waiting for the smiling and interconnected thoughts to stop.

     Max shook out of his happy world, as well did Michael.

    "Barney! Do you want to pick out the movie!" Red yelled from the movie rack. Barney was in the kitchen, doing God knows what.

     "Yeahs dirts," he came into the living room and pretty much threw in a movie. Making the whole room laugh.

     "Is chose Reds 2s," Barney laughed as if it was a joke. Adam laughed along, Ross shook his head with a smile, Red just grinned.

     Max just stared at Red's perfection.

     Max kept staring at Michael, leaving Michael unaware that he was.

     Adam nudged Max, "Max . . .what are you staring at?" He looked where Max was staring.

     Adam couldn't tell if he was staring at Red, or the movie Red 2. Max shook his head, "Nothing, unless you count the movie." He lied.

"Max. Come with me." Adam commanded and grabbed Max by his wrist, causing him to flinch.

"What?" Max hissed once the were conceded in a hallway where nobody could hear or see.

"Daily check."

It was those two words that could send Max up the wall and down again. He gulped and looked at his forearms.

"Okay . . ." Max gave in with Adam's serious face, he knew he wasn't kidding around. He rolled up his sleeves for Adam to check.

"Max . . .why?"

-

hello

and goodbye

- NotJanet

X