Chapter 8: Taking An Unknown Leave

Chapter Eight: Taking An Unknown Leave

-

     Max's thoughts swirled around his mind, he was currently laying in bed, considering every option. What were these feelings? Was he jealous? No, of course not, Max, you are everything but jealous. He reassured himself.

    Obviously, it hadn't worked. Thoughts picking up the swirl, he started to feel queasy, so instead, he grabbed his phone blindly on the wooden nightstand on his right. Max was in a heavy daze, unaware on what he was doing.

     He brought his phone close to his face, powering it on. His deep, brown eyes darting at the now illuminated screen. He checked Michael's private Instagram, seeing his new recent status update. A picture, with him and Louisa.

    Why her? Cursed thoughts swam in his mind much more violently. "Michael, Michael, you blind son of a bitch." He muttered to himself, still staring at the girl. She was the definition of beautiful.

    Max's anger ensued, the grip on his phone tightened, his features hardened. His insides boiled, he had to get away.

    "I can't stay here," Max sat up so fast he felt a dizzy spell drop upon him. His arm went immediately under the bed, feeling the duffle bag. He grabbed it, pulling it out. Max shoved clothes in there, writing a small note.

    To whomever this concerns,

    I am leaving, I am not sure when I'll be back, but eventually I probably will be back. By now, I probably haven't been at work for a few days, and you decided, ah what the hell, he might be sick. Well, I am not. Im leaving. Don't bother contacting me, or tracking me. Hell, even getting the police involved. I assure you I am fine. Do me a favor, carry out this letter and I may come back sooner.

    From, Max

    He grinned, quite dazed. Max's eyes traveled to his car keys, in one fluid movement they were in his palm. He zipped up the bag, slipped on shoes, and started the car, ready to leave.

-

    Traveling upon open road wasn't fun, especially when you had no idea where you were going. Max's eyes droned and focused on the open road ahead.

    Red had smiled posting that photo of him and Louisa, he noticed that Max was online, he had posted he was going to be gone for awhile. He must be sick, poor guy, Michael thought.

    But he hadn't clicked like on the photo, which is what confused Red. He knew Max didn't follow many people, he always checked his feed thoroughly before closing out of the app.

    Michael mentally shrugged, must not have seen it.

    An hour later, Max still had no idea where he was going; and Michael, was wide awake, unaware of Max's leave. He couldn't sleep, his thoughts traveled to Max. Red decided to text him, asking if he was okay.

[ Red ] hey, bud. saw your IG post, you okay? need anything? maybe soup or something?

[ Max ] I'll be fine, don't worry about me. worry about Louisa.

    Michael felt alarmed at the sudden response. Usually, it took days or hours to respond. But what got him thinking, was the fact he said to worry about Louisa. Was she hurt?

    He immediately went to her contact, typing away.

[ Red ] Lou, are you okay?

[ Lou ] can't sleep, but other than that, I'm fine. why, something wrong?

[ Red ] no, no. nothing. sorry to disturb you.

    They bid their goodbyes, and his thoughts went back to Max again. So he had seen the post, it was confusing, really. Michael knew he didn't like things often, only of his friends and things he liked. But he always liked Red's posts. Why not now?

    Worry consumed him, but then he assured himself. Stop worrying, Michael. He's just sick.

-

oops?

- NotJanet

X