Chapter 3: Secrets and Gingers

Chapter Three: Secrets and Gingers

-

Michael, deep-brown eyed with his deep ginger hair. Almost like Max, just he had slightly lighter hair and eyes and longer hair. Every ginger has their secret, whether it's whom they like or the fact their parents used to beat them as a child. None of those were the case of Michael nor Max, although the first one was a common secret that the both of them had, had. Max on the other hand had a much larger secret on the scale.

Much bigger, and much more serious put to scale.

And everyone was oblivious to this secret, Adam knew; Max told him. Michael had made him nervous, Max knew deep down, that Red wasn't going to stop at any costs to know what it is. Seeing, he'd already asked Adam about it. Adam had told Max, but not the whole conversation, just to put him at ease.

For sure that Michael was bound to find out, Max knew, sadly. He was scared of his reaction when he finds out. Which certainly won't be good, would he help? Red, Max knew, was a very persistent person when it came to things he cared about. Max was dreading the day of Michael finding out his past and what he does when nobody else is around, and having a bad day.

It confused Max, on how Red had cared for his wellbeing; he's always asking if he is okay when he's the exact opposite. His response? 'I'm fine.' It touched Max where he hadn't been in years. The heart. Nobody has ever, ever cared about him this much. He knew that. Besides one person:

His mother.

Josephina had died from a cancer that was found too late to be treated. Max was the one insisted on their trying, to save his mother. With his help, she lived an extra five months. And he made those last five months the best he could for her. She had loved Max more than his father, he always had envied his son for that. That was why he up and left after her death.

That was why he had never really spoken of his father.

"Yo, Max? You okay there? You zoned out, you have been lately."

Max turned around to see TimTim, "Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry, just, I have a lot of things on my mind right now, sorry. . ." his voice trailed off, clueless on what to say next.

"Oh yeah, no problem, been there, done that. Need anything tell me, okay?" Tim looked at Max uneasily but reassuringly, as if to ease him. It did sort of put Max at a small state of peace, but most of it was worry. Worry that everyone would find out his secret. Adam knew better, of course. He understood, but he wasn't sure about the rest. Red was teetering in-between, he found himself calmer but nervous around him; an unhealthy combination.

It made Max worry for the future that has yet to come, what events will happen and all of that cliche stuff; he worried one day that Michael would find out and protect him from himself.

Even though that is what he needed, but it's not what he really wanted.

But he knew did not know one thing for sure; that Max would end up trusting Michael, more than he had ever expected to.

-

alright, this was more of a filler and the back story on our wonderful, ginger Mithzan.

:)

- NotJanet

X