The Meeting/ The Team up

Recap. (Normal POV)

"Do you have a death wish?"

Mr Baker froze. "U-uh Mr. Cheney. H-how are you?" He asked in a shaky voice.

"Im breathing. Therefore i am perfectly fine. You on the other hand-"

He smirked. "May i cut the act now?"

"Hmm?"

"Look, the real reason i didn't make a complete statement is because i decided i liked her."

"..."

"She'll walk home after a long day of finding leads and talking to you. Most likely she'll be heading to her apartment at night. What if she doesnt make it home. I wouldnt kill her, id-"

"So you do wish to die?" Rouge was on the verge of crushing the phone. "Do you remember what i told you in the ally way?"

This time Mr Baker was genuenlly terrified. "I-"

"I wouldnt touch her if i were you."

BEEP BEEP BEEP!

Rogue hung up.

CR-CRACK!!

He crushed the pay phone in his palm and gritted his teeth. He looked at his designer watch.

"8:46" he sighed and pulled out his cell phone determined not to break it.

Mr. Bakers POV

I...cant move. Damn his mind tricks. I forced myself to act feeble again, gotta trick the detective dont i? I walked in and closed the balcony door behind me.

"Im sorry for the wait. It was my daughter."

"Oh no your fine!" She said smiling and crossed her legs. Damn.

I sat down across from her. "Ask away, i dont know what youll find though." I lied.

"Well i start off with asking about your interactions with Mr. Cheney. That is the night you filed the report."

"Simple. He gave me drugs and told me to sell them."

"Mr. Cheney did?"

"Yes." I noticed the phone beside her on and recording. Shit!

"Ok. Forensics said there no traces of drugs on your clothing, were did you put them?"

Bingo, i tell her, she goes to look, and she gets captured. Obviously the Sabertooth alliance will be blamed. "Under the floor boards in the old office building. The one in the 7th district."

"Junk town?"

"Yes. In the top office"

"What time"

"Around 10 pm"

"You reported them at 10:27. Junk town is at least two hours away from MHPD head courters."

"..."

"Mr. Baker?"

If she finds out about Cobra the dragon circle will be revealed. Ill definitely die.

"Mr. Baker." She snapped her fingers leaning forward. H-her chest. I smirked internally.

"Im sorry. Please. Can we cut this short. I-I..." I faked stuttered.

She looked sympathetic and sighed. "I supposed. But you are required to answer my questions later."

"Of course." We stood and walked to the door. I opened it and stepped out of her way.