A Ransom Note

Hi! This chapters only gonna be 1000 and so words instead of the usual 1500. Enjoy!

Kagura POV

I hid under the desk keeping my breathing as quiet and as minimal as possible. Two men stopped outside the room, the door was cracked open, so i could see them. One man was a little shorter than Rogue, had blue hair, and a red tattoo under his eye, the other was way taller than him, had many piercings, and long untamed black hair. They had tuxes on just like Rogue and Natsu. 'Are they with Sabertooth?' I thought to myself.

"Jeez Rogue is never late? Where the hell are the others? Tch." Spat out the tall one.

"Someones cranky." The blue haired man replied.

He sniffed the air, "Ey, do you smell perfume?"

The other followed suit, "now that you mention it?"

'Dammit!!'

"Were you 'out' again?"

"Nah, none of em are good at what they do." The man with piercings, pushed open the door, his jaw dropped, "holy shit!! Look at those rocks!!" He ran over to the cabenite.

"Wow... The other replied and stared at the pile in awe.

"This explains alot..."

"Ya no kidding"

I adjusted slightly, when i did i slipped on a tile, the broken piece jabbing into me, just above the knee, and fell forward. My clumsiness could be the end of me...literately. I shook from the pain and sat up. The stared in shock.

"Detective Mikazuchi?!"

I nodded still shaking.

"We're not gonna hurt ya, we're with Sabertooth."

"My god!" The blue haired man looked at my injury, then knelt in front of me. "Here" he took out a white cloth from his pocket, a knife, and a lighter. My eyes widened knowing what he was about to do.

"If we take out the shard you'll bleed out, we're going to have to coterize the wound.

I nodded again.

"Here the other man ripped part of his tux and handing it to him. He held the knife over the flame.

"Im Jellal. That metal head behind me is Gajeel."

"Gi-hi" the tall man smiled. 'His canines are like Rogues' i thought to myself.

"You already know who i am, but you can call me Kagura."

"Alright the Kagura" he handed me the cloth, "bite down on that."

I nodded and put it in my mouth.

He looked at me right in the eyes, "3..2...1..."

He took out the shard and quickly replaced it with the knife. It hurt so badly, the hot blade closing the wound viscously. I screamed, shut my eyes tightly, and bite down with all my force on the cloth, tears streaming down.

"Done!" Jellal assured me.

After about one minute, i stopped shaking. He gently tied the ripped part of tux around the now closed hole in my thigh and helped me up.

"We didnt think you would be here?"

I smiled, "its a long story, that we dont have time for, we need to get to the very top floor-" before i could finish, the intercom sounded.

"Hello Ladies and Gents! This is your host speaking! I was wondering if you would like to play a game! Scratch that, you dont have a choice in the matter! The outer doors have been sealed shut with all of us inside, there are 106 floors of this building. You all walked up the first flight of stairs, sorry that took so long, i pity you. Placing you all on the 53rd floor of this lovey establishment! There is a ballroom here, it was quite beautiful back in its time, the chandelier posses a surprise for you all! Want me to spoil it? Oh never mind, im gonna spoil it! Its a bomb!! Hehe!"

We all gasped, our eyes widened and hearts pounded. 'Rogue was right, we were lured into a trap!'

"To make matters worse, my men have been dispatched throughout the building, theyre hunting you! But wait there's more! We have a friend of yours! He so graciously tripped on a trip wire! His name is Rogue Cheney!"

My heart sunk, Rogue? The Rogue i teamed up with? The cunning bastard who knew what this was from the beginning, was caught?

"Say hi!"

Nothing...

"Argh, fine then!"

I heard the speaker fist collide into him

"Gahh!!" It really was Rogue...

"No way...." Gajeel stared at the ceiling in disbelief. Jellal kept his eyes shut in rage.

'They really must care about him...'

"Well~ Lets see how are little game plays out. Shall we?" The maniacal voice taunted. The sound of static ran lightly through the intercom, until it disappeared.

"I-I know where to go." I speak up.

They both stared intently at me, begging my knowledge.

"We split up once we got here. He took the middle hallway. Natsu took the left. We were looking for the staircase. We agreed to meet up in the lobby after twenty minutes of searching. Its been at least that. We need to meet up with Natsu, then two of us disarm the bomb, the other two go after Rogue."

They nodded in understanding.

"We still have to worry about that maniacs henchmen." Jellal added.

"Ive got 'em!" Gajeel perked up confidently.

"Trigger happy much?"

"Gi-Hi!" He smirked.

"I can disarm the bomb on my own."

"We'll have to find the ballroom. Natsu may know where it is. After he leads you there, he can come with me to find Rogue."

"You cant go scouting like that!" Gajeel remarked.

"I suffered much worse. What matters is getting Rogue back."

"I get it. Thats not a bad plan." Jellal said.

"Aye sir." Gajeel added.

"Before we head to the meeting point, I have a question."

"Do we have time?" Jellal asked.

"...No. No your right. We need to move out. Lets go."

I was going to ask about who 'Z.D' was.

"Right!" We all chimed.

{Natsu POV}

"Rogue? Rogue got caught!?"

"Grr! Dammit to hell!!"

I yelled out loud. I gritted my teeth and checked my watch. 'I need to head to the meeting point...im sure the detective will do the same.' I decided on what to do. I took a deep breath and counted on my luck, it's all i could rely on...

Hellllooo! Im really sorry for not updating as frequently. Every one knows the struggle. This was mainly a short filler to try and get moving. Anyway i hoped you liked it! Stay tuned!
-Anime_Bean