The Ride

I decided to take Olivia to Sonic a few days after her birthday, sort of and extended birthday present I suppose. It wouldn't take long for us to get there, but Olivia had insited on bringing her favorite mixed CD and sprinted back to her room.

I was quite hungry myself, and though I could never be mad at her, my patience was wearing a little thin.

"Hurry up Liv I'm starving!" I yelled jokingly, but secretly hoping she'd hurry just a bit.

"Brie if you're so hungry, why don't you just eat me?" She teased back

Good thing her mother isn't home

A very tempting offer, I must admit and I blushed biting my lip at the thought. Olivia had been making alot of comments like that lately. I really enjoyed the immediate sense of comfortability and humor we had with one another.

"Liv sweetheart you know we'll never leave if we do that right now."

I heard her giggle echo from across the silent house as she kept digging around in her room.

"Why do you need this CD any way? There is something called an AUX cord you know?"

She sprinted back into the room with the disc in hand and pushed it into my hands with a playful attitude.

"Because it's your present." She said, a genuine smile on her cheeks.

"Liv, it's your birthday not mine, did you get them confused?" I poked playfully, pinching her cheek like a mother to her child teasing her.

She pushed my hand away from my face by grabbing it. She rolled her eyes with a sarcastic laugh.

"Haha Brie, you are sooooo funny!"

Then she bit her lip and started pulling me outside to the car. I liked when she took the lead, it was adorable how she could be bossy but not bossy at the same time.

As we moved closer to the car, I pulled her into me so we could be face to face. I kissed her, the way I had been wanting to since the very moment I met her. These moments with her were never going to be enough to have me satisfied. Not even if I got one every minute of every day for the rest of my life.

We hadn't been together very long, but there was something different in the way I felt for her. I loved her, and I knew it. I felt it course through my heart, pumping through my veins in my blood. It was heated and wonderful and I wouldn't change her or this feeling for anything.

She made me forget everything. All of the shit with my mom, she made my appetite flourish, she made me revive. I felt I could be more myself again with her, she just accepts it, and that's all I've needed in my life for a long time: Love and acceptance. Olivia gives me both.

I pulled away from her plush pink lips to look at her majestic features. Holding her hand, I twirled her as though we were dancing before I conpleted our elongated journey to the car.

I opened her door for her as she gracefully slunk inside. Then I moved to my side, and slammed my head on the top of the car as I tried to slide in myself.

Smooth one Brie

Olivia gasped with laughter as she grabbed my face and angled it downwards. She kissed the rising bump on my head.

She teased, "Hey! Atleast you already got the girl. No need to impress me anymore, I already know you're bad at it"

She stuck her tongue out at me and I followed suit.

I smiled down at the disc still in my hand.

"You're welcome Brie."

I smirked at her as I started the car and slid the CD inside.

As we waited for the tones to load, Olivia laced her fingers through mine with anticipation.

The first song played warmed my heart. We used to sing this song all the time to each other durring basketball practices. It was Rude by Magic! The rest of the disc contained the best love anthems from many of my favorite artists.

We drove off to go to Sonic and Olivia began to sing along to Love Ballad by Tove Lo. She kept giving my hand a few squeezes with the beat of the song, which sent electricity through my spine with each loving squeeze. I noticed the way the sunlight reflected off of her hair and skin as we drove on.

She was like a mirror, she was beginning to reflect me better half; a part of me that's remained invisible for so long. She is making me whole again.

"I love you Olivia."

I said it. I said it and now I had laid my truth out for her, all she had to do was accept and return.

"I love you too Brie."

She had the biggest smile on her face. It was beautiful, it was the crescent moon of my dark night sky, directing me into the life of light. I was compelled to step into her beams, to show myself to her, to fully expose myself to her. I was trusting her that much to be completely raw, and hope that it won't turn her away.

I'm not so sure how I will manage to be so transparent with her, but I know Olivia, and she'll pull it out of me somehow.

I reinforced my grip on Olivia's hand, proud to have her as my girl. I would keep her as safe as I could, love her with all of me, and make her feel as loved as I do with her. She deserves to experience this with me too.

I continued to drive on to Sonic, and after I bought Liv's favorite cheeseburger and tots, I sped off onto a new road. Olivia didn't question our destination, she trusted me in the fact that I would protect her, and I would.

Yet I continued to drive on an unknown path much similar to our future. No one knew where exactly we were headed, but when we got there, wee would be there together, staying together, and together with her was all that really mattered to me.

************A/N**************

Well guys, that's it! The chronicles of Brie and Olivia are finally over! I do appologize that it took so long to be finished, but I've been having some fun with a real-live Olivia of my own. If youre interested, you can read about her in my next book "Her".

I want to thank all of you so much who stuck with me and are reading this all the way to the end. It's pretty awesome knowing I have people enjoying my works :) thank you for every vote and comment as well, and happy reading!