The Girl

"Hi, what's your name?" One of the girls asked positively.

"I'm Cristina." She had a smug smile but seemed harmless.

She had very tan skin and dark thick hair. She kept the ball spinning on her finger the whole time she spoke, and it was obvious she knew how to handle it on the floor. Monstrous calf muscles and ego, she just had to be captain. The funny thing about it was she was the shortest one here.

The rest of the girls introduced themselves quickly so we could begin practice.

There was a 5'6" ginger named Brooke, a shooting guard named Presley, a 6'1" center named Shemeka, a forward named Tiffany, a friendly guard named Jessica, a 3-point shooter named Julia, and 2 backup point guards named Emma and Alyssa.

"I'm Brieanna." I announced openly.

They quizzed me on the basics:

What grade?: 11th

What school?: Springville High

How tall?: 5'10"

What position?: forward and center

How old are you?: 16

Oh! You must drive then?: yep

Do you have your own car?: Yeah

Wow! How about a boyfriend?: Uhh...

Just then, the gym door slammed open and in rushed another player.

"I'm so sorry I'm late coach. My car broke down a block from the gym. I had to wait for my mom to come by to wait for a tow truck."

I watched as she dropped to the ground to put on her shoes. She rolled around in a struggle untill she finally got them on. She rushed to the circle and I saw her clearly for the first time.

"Hey! I'm Olivia." She stuck her hand out to me to shake. I looked at her face before I shook, and I was positively starstruck. She was beautiful...