The Awkward Flirt

The two hour practice seemed to go by much quicker with Olivia by my side.

Any time there was a drill that involved teams or partners, Olivia always found a way to be with me. Once i was having a problem with making my shots so she wrapped her hands around my shoulders to aim my body.

Even though it was ridiculously hot in the gym, i still felt chills when her skin brushed mine.

"Aim your shoulders at the goal and push your arm straight up. Like this."

I watched in enchantment as she shot a beatiful basket, it was almost as beautiful as her.

"Now you try", she said positively.

Her smile made me beleive that anything was possible. I felt like i was flying when i was around her. My body froze with every breath she breathed to speak to me.

She was breathing for me.

I turned my eyes from her to the goal and i pushed myself to score just as she had.

"Yaaaayyyy!!!! Good job Brie!!" Olivia exclaimed. She showed her happiness and pride for what she had done to me by giving me a huge hug. Her grip on me was protective tight and excited. I returned the hug with a soft and loving wrap. She pulled back with a little blush in her cheeks.

What is she bl-....

"Im so sorry Brie. I have ADHD and sometimes my excitement overcomes me.."

She rolled her eyes a little and blissfully bit her bottom lip.

Damn she's like an angel..

"Its perfectly fine Olivia." I said with a reassuring smile.

I looked behind Olivia to see Julia wiggling her tongue between her middle and pointer finger in the shape of a V. I made a face of annoyance to warn her to go on. She shrugged her shoulders and laughed as she ran to leave the gym.

'That chick has got to have a few screws loose' I thought to myself laughing.

Olivia and i walked sleeplessly to our bags to leave the gym. All the other girls had already left, and Coach Bill took off to get lunch as soon as we finished, so we had to turn the lights off and lock the gym doors.

Since i didnt know what to do, i stood center court and watched as Olivia moved to each fuse box so elegantly that she seemed to be dancing.

Suddenly, darkness washed over the gym like a rogue wave over a weak swimmer, and I began to drown in it.

My heart raced, and i felt rocks bricking up my airways. I couldnt find where i was going and was totally lost, left alone to drown in my anxiety..

WHY?? WHY NOW?!?

"Brie? Are you okay? A fuse busted so we'll have to feel around for the door."

"Umm.. Can I feel around for you first?"

Whoah! Did i just say that? What the fuck Brie?!?

She laughed at my comment and I suddenly felt her grab my hand, and we began in our mystical search for the darkened exit door. It felt as if we were trying to escape my mind.

Suddenly, all my fears were gone. I was able to lower my heart rate for just a moment untill I felt her presence close to me.

"Are you afraid of the dark?", She said in a terrible fake monster voice. Her breath was fresh with a tinge of mint, and it was cold as ice as it trailed from my cheeks to my neck. I just knew she was smiling.

I closed my eyes and took a deep pleasured breath. I released a muffled 'yes' which sounded more erotic than I had planned. She giggled at me and i felt my stomach roll over like a dog.

She then let go of my hand and my eyes shot back open. i could see a small thin and dim strip of light at my feet and i reached forward to feel the door at my finger tips. I slowly pushed it and felt a sort of freedom for once in my life.

I looked through the parking lot for my mom but she was not here. I checked my phone then to see that she had sent a message that said "Sorry i forgot about getting you dear. I heard there was a huge sale an hour from the gym and i had to go! Ill be back in a hour or two to get you. Love you, ttyl lol omg" and alot of other bullshit that deals with being happy.

"Well my mom wont be here untill God knows when so i might as well get comfy", i said to Olivia.

She answered to me after reading the message aloud. "That's bullshit why would someone do that to their kid? Do they not know how to love them?"

Well, i know mine doesn't love me..

"Hey, i know we just met, but my mom is gonna take me to get lunch. Wanna come with?" Olivia asked.

Suddenly my ears, so recently red in anger, had warmed down to a blissfull soft pink.

"Of course Olivia. Thanks alot!" I answered in a tone opposite of my diagnosis.

We hopped in her mom's van and she introduced herself.

"Hi! Im Lisa, Olivia's mom!"

She was just as ebullient as Olivia, and also her eldest spitting image.

I looked at Olivia who gave me a thumbs up to see if I were ready. I meekly raised one back and laughed in response.

The sun shone through the windshield and lit up her skin and hair like a fire-works act, and i felt as my aqua blue eyes sunk into the shape of hearts.

Such a stunning girl, and I'm about to go on a potential date with her. And her mom ,of course, but none the less, HER!