Chapter 2

Kyle entered the thick canopy of the forest, feeling the calming silence of the woods begin it's soothing magic. Kyle began to explore it, going deeper with every minute. He stopped as he heard a howl, remembering the warnings of the people down in the town, who said that wolves lived in the trees. There was a legend of a pack of wolves, their numbers uncountable, who all with silver coats. All except one. This last one had a pure white coat, and some said that it was a werewolf which haunted the streets of the town as it realised what it had lost. Kyle had never believed the stories, but he knew that wolves lived in the forests. He had encountered some a few times, but after showing that he meant no harm, they had grown used to him and accepted that he was a simple traveller who didnt plan to disturb their packs.

Kyle sat down to wait and see if any wolves would walk out. After a while, one did. It had a silver coat, like so many of the wolves he had seen before. For a while it stood there, looking at him with golden eyes, then padded over to him and sniffed him over. When it decided he wasnt going to hurt it, it nuzzled him and licked his cheek. He smiled slightly, but didnt react. The wolf turned back and whined, signalling to the rest of it's pack. Kyle looked up, then stared as suddenly tens of wolves stepped out, some old, some young, but all with intelligent golden eyes. One wolf padded forward to stand beside the first, and Kyle gasped. It had a pure white coat, and it's blue eyes glittered. It cocked it's head to the side, looking him over.

Kyle stayed still as it padded around him, taking him in. Then it looked up towards the sky. Kyle looked up as well. Dark rain clouds were gathering. He sighed and stood up. "I'll have to go now," he said, beginning to walk back. The white wolf leapt forward, grabbing his sleeve and tugging. He paused, looking at it in confusion. It motioned with it's head in an oddly human fashion, then began to pad away. Kyle followed it as the pack began to move back, heading towards a giant cave he hadnt even realised was there. The wolves crawled in, the white one waiting until he had followed before lying down and curling infront of him to watch the storm clouds gathering.