Chapter 5

Kyle sat on his bed and yawned. His mind went back to the odd meeting with the white wolf girl. She's a werewolf, he realised suddenly. Then he frowned. But that cant be right. She didnt change on the full moon. Last night was a new moon. And also... He stood up and went over to the shelf that held his few books. Reaching up, he pulled down the one about the legend of the werewolf.

The werewolf changes on the night of the full moon. It is born by a female wolf and male human mating. It takes the form of man the rest of the time, but on the night of the full moon, it changes into a wolf, terrorizing people. It is said that it can only be killed by a silver bullet...

Kyle stopped reading. The description of the werewolf didnt suit the wolf girl. "If a werewolf is born from a male wolf and a female human..But that wolf who kept leading me around seemed like her father, so that cant be right. Unless her mother was human.." His eyes widened. "Maybe it would be the opposite! If the female was a human and the male was a wolf, then it might make her sort of the opposite of a werewolf!"

Kyle sat down after figuring this out. But what was with the whole putting her paw against my hand? I dont understand. He sighed. Well, she doesnt seem to have a name. If i'm going to keep hanging around with her, i'll have to call her something. But what would be a good name? He went downstairs and walked into the living room, vaguely registering that his mum was sitting on the couch, watching TV. "I'm gonna use the computer," he said, switching it on and letting it load.

When he got onto the Internet, he searched for a good name to call the wolf. Hmm..hold on, this looks like a good site, he thought, clicking on one. It came up with several names meaning wolf, and he scrolled down to female wolf names. Hmm..some of these are a bit odd...wait! He stopped and looked at one that said 'Lupa - Meaning she-wolf'. That's perfect! I'll call her Lupa from now on.

Kyle headed into the kitchen, grabbing a backpack and putting some food and a couple of blankets in it. "I'm heading out again," he said, opening the door and walking out. As it began to close, it banged against something and he turned back, walking back up to the door. He looked around, but nothing was in it's way. "Huh, weird," he muttered, closing it. Then he shrugged and began to walk back to the forest.