Chapter 8

Kyle woke up early the next day. After a brief moment of confusion, he remembered what had happened and stood up, packing his things up and starting to walk. He didnt really know where he was going, just a vague feeling that he was heading in the right direction. Something was pulling him, though he didnt know what it was. After walking for about an hour, he realised he hadnt had breakfast. He stopped, opening his backpack and looking through it. He pulled out an energy bar *apple for all you nosey people* and began to eat it. He carried on walking, hurrying though he didnt know why.

As he reached a fork in the vague path, he felt a sudden urge to go to the left. Instantly he wanted to go right, to show that he couldnt be controlled, but his legs moved to the left automatically. He walked down it, trying to convince himself that he had chosen to go down here. Suddenly Lupa was infront of him, sitting down in his path, and the urge faded. "This week just gets weirder and weirder," he muttered, reaching down and stroking her fur. She allowed him to continue for a few minutes, then tugged on his sleeve and began to trot down the path. "Hey, Lupa, wait!" Kyle called, running after her.

She suddenly paused, looking at him with her blue eyes. He stopped, confused. "What?" She began to yap and whine, as if trying to communicate with him. "What's the matter Lupa?" he asked. She suddenly yapped. An idea formed in his mind. "Lupa.." he said, and she barked again. "Dont you want to be called Lupa? I'm only calling you it because i need to call you something. Cant you at least give me that?" Lupa considered, then gave what seemed like a sigh and nodded. The two of them began to walk again, Lupa leading the way and Kyle following.

They trekked for most of the day, occasionally stopping so that Kyle could get his breath back or eat. As night fell, Lupa found a cave and the two of them curled up in it, Kyle falling asleep quickly. Lupa watched him for a while with soft eyes, then turned and looked out of the cave again. Now that she Kyle were reunited, she felt whole again, and she knew that she would definately protect him from the hunter and his companion.