Chapter 9: Conflict

Raf sat on the console and stared at one of the screens. Rachet stood nearby as he typed away. The medic was pulling up formulas and equations as he analyzed the best way to make contact into another dimension. Raf pulled up a Cybertronian file and started reading. He was searching for anything that might help. Rachet mumbled about something then walked into another room. The boy didn't notice as he pulled up another file and started reading it.

"What are you doing?!" Someone yelled. Raf jumped and turned around to see the doctor glaring at him. Or Doc bot as the little Autobot had called him.

"Oh I-I-I was...." Raf stuttered. He didn't know why the doctor scared him, when he was just fine around Rachet. Maybe it was cause he didn't know him.

"You shouldn't be messing around in here!!" The doctor yelled. "You could accidentally delete something!" Raf shrank a little as the doctor approached.

"I-I-I was tr-r-rying to help-" Raf stuttered as he looked at his shoes.

"How?" He demanded.

"He was helping me." They looked at the door and saw the medic standing there optics narrowed. Raf was relieved to see him.

"What? How can he help?" The doctor growled as he looked at the boy. Raf furrowed his brow and straightened his glasses.

"I can help. I've been able to help the Autobots plenty of times, and I've been learning to read Cybertronian so I can-" the boy stopped when he saw the fury on the doctors face plate. Raf bit his lower lip. The doctor turned to Rachet.

"How does he know Cybertronian?" The bot hissed angrily. "That's not something we just tell anyone." He growled as he pointed a digit into the other bots face plate.

"I've been teaching him so he can help me with certain things." Rachet grumbled as he shoved the digit aside.

"What gives you the right to teach..." The doctor looked at the little boy and glared. "an organic child our way of life?!" He all but shouted.

"What I do and why is none of your business." Rachet grumbled angrily. "I have things to do and you're bothering me. Get out." He growled. The doctor glared at him and grumbled to himself as he went into the other room. They were silent for awhile as they went back to work.

"Thanks Rachet..." The boy mumbled as he looked up at him. The medic looked at him for a moment and shrugged. Raf smiled to himself and went back to his reading.

"Hey Raf!" Sari called as she entered the room a little later.

Rachet sighed in exasperation and mumbled something to himself. He heard the girl run over and a moment later he felt something touch his ped.

"What in Primus-" the medic looked down as he felt the something move up his leg. The little girl was climbing on him to get to the console.

"What do you think your doing?" He stuttered as she climbed.

"Nothing." She said as she smiled up at him.

"I'm not a...." He thought about the term the children had used at one time. "Forest gym!" He snapped as he pulled her off his knee and put her on the ground.

"Hey!" She huffed as she glared at him and folded her arms. "I was almost there!" She complained. "And it's 'jungle gym." She mumbled.

Raf looked down at her and shrugged slightly. The medic grumbled and went back to work. A moment later he felt something on his ped and heard the girl grunt as she climbed up his leg again. Rachet sighed with frustration, picked her up and set her next to Raf.

"I'm not getting you down." He snapped as he pointed at her. She stuck her tongue out at him and he grumbled something under his breath before going to work.

"What are you doing?" Sari asked as she sat down on the top of the panel. Raf looked up at her for a moment then at Rachet who was still grumbling, but not paying attention to them.

"I'm helping Rachet." The boy said simply. She frowned and looked at the said bot.

"But he's so......grumpy and mean." She said quietly.

"So's yours though." He replied as he typed a little.

"Touché...." She muttered as she looked back at him.

"Besides you wouldn't be very happy if your world was destroyed." Raf mumbled.

"But Cybertron wasn't destroyed. At least that's what Optimus said." She replied the medic looked up and turned to them.

"Are you saying that Cybertron is still.... Functioning?" Rachet asked in disbelief. She glared at him.

"Have you been eavesdropping?" She asked accusingly.

The bot ignored her and typed quickly on the computer. A moment later the screen displayed a picture of Cybertron, functioning as if nothing had ever plagued it. The way he had remembered it from his early days.

Rachets optics widened and he just stared at the screen. He didn't know if he wanted to cry or yell with excitement. The medic gently touched the screen as he gazed at his home planet. His spark beat faster with joy and he felt a yearning to walk the streets. Still touching the screen, he hung his helm and closed his optics. Cybertron, his home... was so close.

"Beautiful isn't it." The medic glanced over his shoulder plate to see the doctor standing at the doorway. He had his arms folded and he was glaring at him. Probably still mad about earlier.

"Yes....." Rachet choked barely loud enough to hear. He looked back at the screen.

Doc bot noticed his odd behavior and how quiet the kids were. He walked over and looked at his counterpart for a moment, he seemed to be younger than him. Or from what he could tell.

"You know Kid." The doctor said. "You could go there if you help me fix the ship." He grumbled. The medic looked at him for a moment, he was about to answer when the computer beeped.

"Uh....guys..." Sari said. The bots looked at her and saw that her key was glowing. "Something is giving off a huge amount of energy." She said.

"What in the name-" Rachet began.

"Her key was charged by the All Spark." Doc bot interrupted. The medic gave him an even more puzzled look. The doctor typed on the computer and pulled up a video from the news broadcast.

"A strange device was recovered from the lake. After pulling it out fishermen couldn't identify it and turned it over to the police." The reporter said. The screen shifted to the Chief of police.

"We aren't sure what it is yet. But we are doing everything we can to figure it out. Professor Sumdac has agreed to aide us in discovering its purpose." The Chief said. A picture of a giant mace popped up on the screen. The medic gasped as he recognized it.

"By the All Spark, that's the relic that brought us here." He said.

"That's great! We'll just get it and send you home." Sari said as she smiled at the two bots.

"No..." Rachet mumbled. "If the relic is here, the person that had it last is also in your world." He said as he thought.

"Well they don't have it now, so you can just take it." Doc bot grumbled.

"Its not that simple." The medic responded. "Megatron was the last one to have it in his possession." He muttered. The other bots optics widened, and the kids gasped.