Chapter 25: Mending

That night.

Prowl quietly walked around the base, it had been a long day and everyone had just crashed somewhere. Doc bot and the two kids had spent the remainder of the day working on the relic while the others discussed what to do about the cons.

Prowl walked into the main room and smiled slightly. Bumblebee was sitting on the couch with his helm resting in his servo and his other arm around Arcee who was leaning on his chest plate. They had both fallen into recharge that way. As the ninja quietly walked around, he saw Bulkhead leaning against the wall as he recharged. Bee was laying on his back while Sari slept on his chest plate, he had a servo over the child to protect her.

The stealthy bot jumped on to one of the machines arms and looked around. He saw the Professor sleeping at the computer, and knew Optimus had wandered off to his berth room. Only when he didn't see Raf and Doc bot, did he realize he was making sure everyone was alright. Considering the days events. He jumped down and walked to the room with the relic. Doc bot was still trying to fix the thing.

"Having any luck?" The ninja asked. The doctor jumped and whipped around. He growled angrily as he saw who it was and he went back to work.

"You should get some rest Prowl." He grumbled angrily, slightly annoyed with him. The bot ignored him and looked around.

"Where's the boy?" He asked as he looked at him.

"What boy?" The doctor snapped without looking up.

"Rafael." Prowl asked simply. The doctor stopped, sighed and hung his helm.

"Why do you care?" He asked a little harshly. The bot was quiet for a moment, why did he care?

"Because...... I do." He replied unsure what else to say. The doctor sighed tiredly and looked towards the door.

"I think I saw him go...... into the medical room." He whispered softly.

The other bot nodded and walked out, now that he knew he could retire to his berth room. He stopped just outside the doors, and noticed one was cracked open just enough for the boy to fit in. Curiosity got the better of him and he peeked into the room. There was a small light in the room, just enough to illuminate the medics form. He didn't see the boy and was about to leave when he heard a small sigh.

Prowl quietly slipped in and walked to the berth. He looked at the medics still frame and noticed one of his servos was facing upwards. Something caught his optic and he crouched down for a better look.

Curled up in the medics servo was the small boy. Prowl wanted to pick him up and take him somewhere more comfortable. But he remembered what the boy had said about the medic being someone he cared about. He watched the boy sleep for a minute and realized he probably missed the older bot as well.

The ninja remained perfectly still for a few more minutes, and then he slipped out of the room without waking the boy. He walked to his berth room and stared at the tree that grew from his floor. He felt he understood a little more about the odd little team that had fallen out of the sky on a sunny day.

~~

Sari stuck her tongue out as she concentrated. Doc bot was using his magnetic field to put the pieces of the relic back together. He would occasionally tell her to use the key and it would repair it a little more. Raf helped the best he could in his own way. He would hold pieces together while they fixed it. They spent a few hours working on the relic trying their hardest to repair it. Sari got tired and handed Raf the key, he watched as she went to the main room. The boy sighed and wondered if they would be able to repair the relic before the next attack.

~~

Prowl sat on the floor by the couch as the little bot played a video game. Arcee was talking to Optimus about their next move. Bulkhead was currently building something in the corner while Bumblebee appeared to be putting something together.

The anticipation of waiting was driving everyone crazy, but they did their best to be patient. There was a crash and everyone turned to look at the scout as he beeped angrily and he sounded annoyed. Bulkhead who stood by him scratched his helm in confusion. Arcee laughed a little.

"What was that?" Bee asked hoping for a translation.

"He said 'I needed that.'" Prowl replied as he chuckled. The scout made an annoyed sound and went back to his project.

A little later they heard a commotion in the back and Raf cheered. Doc bot burst into the main room holding up the relic, Raf ran in as he gripped the key.

"We fixed it!" Raf said excitedly. The bots cheered.

"Now we can send Mega Bucket back!" Bee said happily. His team started talking all at once on how to do it.

"Wait!!" Raf shouted. The room went quiet and all optics fell on the boy. He looked up at them and furrowed his brow.

"We have to save Rachet first..... or at least try." The boy said with a look of determination.

"The boys right. We need to send someone back so they can get the Forge." Optimus said.

"I'll go." Arcee said as she stepped forward. The doctor handed her the relic and she looked at it for a moment. "Megatron lost this when he came to your world." She muttered.

"Here." Sari said as she handed her a long cord. "Maybe that will help." She grinned.

The femme wrapped it around the relics handle and her servo. She grinned and walked to the far side of the room. Arcee stopped and looked over her shoulder plate. She didn't even know if it would work. After a moment she looked at the relic in her servo and twisted it. The others covered their optics as the blinding flash came. When their optics adjusted she was gone.