Chapter 34: Fear

"YOU SAID THEY WEREN'T REAL!!" Bee shouted as he looked at Doc bot.

"I thought they were only scary stories bots told Sparklings." Bulkhead said as he took a step back.

"They're so rare that bots don't encounter one!" The doctor growled as he used his magnetic field to try and push the monster back into the portal. "That's why most think they're only stories!" He grumbled.

"We're encountering one now!" Bee yelled optics wide as he threw his servos up in the air.

"Quit panicking and fight!" Arcee yelled angrily.

"I'm not panicking!!" The little bot responded as he waved his arms up and down. Arcee started firing on the creature and it screeched again.

"What ever happens we can't let that thing through!!" Rachet yelled as the wind grew louder.

Optimus looked up and his mind raced as the monsters head started to emerge. He studied the markings on the relic briefly and twisted hard. The wind picked up and debris started flying towards the portal.

"What have you done?!" Megatron yelled as he watched the monster struggle to emerge.

"I'm ending this." Optimus said seriously as his optics narrowed.

The con growled and punched him hard in the side. The bot grunted and fell to the ground. The mech clutched his side and coughed up some energon. Boss bot glared and kicked Megatrons midsection as hard as he could. The con yelled and punched him in the helm. The Prime didn't let go and he kicked him harder in one of his cuts. He knew it was dirty fighting, but he had to stop him.

The warlord stumbled back and slumped against a building. The Prime knelt by his counterpart and set a servo on his shoulder plate to see if he was alright. Optimus smiled weakly at him as energon leaked out of the side of his mouth. Boss bot jumped as another cable shot out of the portal and attached to the road by his peds. The creature was still trying to get through. Megatron punched the Prime hard and yanked the relic out of his servo.

"I'm not finished..." he growled and twisted it harder.

The portal acted like a vacuum and started sucking things into it. Sari screamed as she left the ground and got sucked upwards. The Prime grabbed her and held her tight. All the bots dug their peds and servos into the ground as they slid towards the portal. Bee yelled as he left the ground and his optics widened as the monsters servo reached for him.

The Primes optics grew bigger and he shot his grappling hook towards the bot. He watched as it wrapped around his ped and he slid as it drug him closer. The bot carefully put the girl in his chest chassis and buried his ax into the road. Bees optics widened as the monsters helm emerged from the portal again. It seemed to grin at him and he paled as he cried out in fear. Megatron grabbed Optimus around the neck cables and lifted him up. The bot grit his teeth as the con squeezed and he grabbed at the servo.

"If I can't succeed in taking over this world, your team will suffer the lose of their leader." Megatron seethed.

Optimus glared at him and tried to fight back. The warlord squeezed tightly and Optimus gasped for air. The fourth cable from the monster shot down and grazed the warlords shoulder plate. He growled and glanced at the cable before smiling wickedly. The creature screeched again as it's digits curled around the cable to pull itself out. Bee yelled in fear as the other servo reached for him. Prowl and Bulkhead slid forward and grabbed the Primes grappling line. They pulled down as hard as they could and yanked the bot back down to the ground.

"I got you little buddy!" Bulkhead shouted over the wind as he hugged the small bot.

Arcee slid towards them and held on to one of the creatures cables. She looked around for a moment then up at the two leaders. Megatron had Optimus pinned to the ground as he continued to choke the life out of him. The con grabbed the cable near him and tried to pull it out of the ground. Arcees optics narrowed.

"Get those cables free!!" She yelled as she ran to help her leader.

Rachet looked up as he heard her yell and pulled on the first cable. He hacked at it with his blade and the monster roared angrily as it let go. The medic quickly let go as he took to the air. He landed and rolled a little, digging his blades into the road to stop himself. Looking up he saw his leader and ran to help him.

Optimus couldn't breath and he weakly grabbed at the cons servo, he felt his world start to go black. Megatron was busy trying to pull the cable free. Arcee slammed into the con and he stumbled back. Optimus inhaled deeply and his optics widened as the con released his hold. Rachet slid to a stop next to the bigger mech. Optimus gasped and coughed as he tried to get up.

"You can't take much more of this." The medic said as he helped him. The leaders arms shook violently as he tried to push himself up.

"I...... must...... stop..... this..." he rasped as he knelt there.

"Even you have a limit, Optimus." Rachet said as he looked around. He watched as the others unhooked the cables and fought Megatron.

"Besides, I think the others can handle this." He mumbled. Optimus looked over his shoulder plate at the bots and smiled weakly.

Soundwave transformed as he landed near a cable and watched as the Prime fought Megatron. The warlord fell to the ground and struggled to get back up. The communication specialist yanked the cable out with ease and ran to the Prime. He glanced up as the Sparkeater held on to the building with its last cable. The ninja bot ran as he went to unhook it. The monster roared angrily as it tried to get at least one spark. Soundwaves optics narrowed, he would give it one.