Chapter 22: Sorrow

"Yes! We did it!" Bee cheered happily. "Up high!" He held his servo up to his counterpart and smiled big. The scout looked at him sadly and walked back to the city.

"What? Was it something I said?" The little bot asked as he watched his counterpart walk down the road. Optimus set a servo on the little bots shoulder.

"Even though this was a victory for us. They have lost one of their teammates in an attempt to help save our world." The Prime said as he watched the femme join her friend.

"Oh....." Was all the little bot said. The team slowly followed the other two as they walked back to the rubble of the city.

~~

Raf walked over to Rachets lifeless form, he glanced at the spark that lay a few feet away. The spark was cracked and looked as though Megatron had attempted to crush it. The boy walked to the medics servo and touched it hesitantly.

"Rachet.....?" Raf choked unsure why he was even attempting to talk to the Autobot.

Tears filled his eyes again as he ran his hand along the bots servo. He looked towards the helm which was turned away from him. The boy hugged one of the medics digits tightly and started to sob uncontrollably.

Sari came running up to him and stopped when she saw him crying. The girl looked at the city around her and felt a knot form in her stomach. She slowly walked over to the boy and hugged him tightly. Raf continued to cry he didn't care if anyone saw. A moment later the girl let go as an idea came to her.

"Raf..." She said quietly he looked up at her and wiped a few tears. "I think I can use my key....to....heal him." The boy straightened his glasses.

"Do you really think it would work?" He sniffed still holding on to the medics digit. She looked at him and smiled sadly.

They suddenly heard the sound of heavy peds walking towards them. They both looked to the sound worried it was Megatron coming back for them. Rafs heart broke as he saw his guardian walking to his fallen friend.

Bumblebee stared at his peds as he made his way back to Rachet. He couldn't bare to see his friend so....empty. He stopped when he saw the kids in the medics servo, and he stood there for a moment. He looked up at the medics face plate and noticed that he looked peaceful. The scout felt weak and he sank to his knees. He sat there and hung his helm again, he felt as though he had failed the bot that had saved his life. He had failed his friend. Rachet....was gone.

Arcee walked to Bumblebee and collapsed next to him. She stared at the medics empty spark chamber and thought of her fallen teammates. The femme covered her face plate with her servos and started to sob quietly. Bumblebee put an arm around her and she leaned into him as she cried. The scout didn't say a word.

The young bot refused to let himself cry. He wanted to, but he had to be strong for the others. He had to be strong for Arcee. The rage inside of him quickly turned to sadness. Bumblebee rested his helm on to hers and squeezed his optics shut. He fought back the tears as he thought about what happened. How was he going to tell Optimus?

The rest of the Autobots gathered a few feet away and watched sadly. They looked around and noticed the other cons had disappeared. Doc bot looked up at the Prime for a moment.

"This isn't the proper place for them to morn." He mumbled. The leader nodded and walked over to them. The scout looked up at him with a blank expression.

"Let's get back to the warehouse." Optimus said simply. Bumblebee nodded slowly as he stared back at the ground. He honestly didn't want to go anywhere, but he knew they needed to move.

~~

Back at the base they laid Rachets form on a berth in the medical room. Sari said she would try to use the key and see if it helped. Arcee carefully laid the medics broken spark back in the chamber as the doctor had instructed. After Doc bot had done everything he possibly could, the others left the room while Sari used the key to try and repair Rachet.

"Wait.... where's your friend?" Doc bot asked grumpily as they stepped out for a moment.

The femme looked around and frowned. She heard a clatter and quietly walked to another room. The doctor following close behind. They walked into the room and saw the scout trying to fix the relic. Arcee sighed and looked at the doctor sadly.

"Do you think you can help us?" She asked.

"With what?" He snapped sounding harsher than he intended. She looked at him for a moment almost pleading.

"I'll see what I can do..." he said softer. They walked over to the young scout who was glaring at the relic and shoving tools angrily on the desk. Arcee could tell he was really trying, but didn't know what to do.

"Come on Kid, give it a rest." The doctor grumbled as he set a servo on his arm. Bumblebee shrugged him off angrily. They watched him for a moment.

"Kid...." Doc bot said as he put a servo on his shoulder plate. The scout shrugged him off again causing the doctor to snap at him. Arcee touched the young bots servo that held a tool and she held on. He stopped and looked at her, still glaring.

"Bumblebee.....let him take over." She said gently.

He looked back down at the relic and clenched his servos. They were afraid he would smash it. The young bot closed his optics and nodded slowly as he took a step back. He took a few steps away from them before collapsing to his knees. Arcee and the doctor rushed over.

They stopped when the scout covered his face plate with one servo, and silently sobbed. He couldn't hold back his tears any longer, and he didn't care anymore. He had tried to be strong. They watched his frame start to shake, and Arcee felt tears come to her own optics. Bumblebee was morning the loss of a teammate, his friend. The femme sat next to him and hugged his free arm. She tried not to cry as she rested her helm on his shoulder plate. She could feel the young bot shaking as he cried and she wanted so badly to help take the pain away.

Doc bot watched them silently for a moment. He looked to the door and saw the others standing there unsure what to do. He silently shook his helm and quietly ushered them out. The two bots needed time to morn their friend, and they didn't need to intervene.

Worlds Collide (Transfomers)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें