Chapter 11: Message Recieved

Judy's P.O.V.

A day later after Nick and Juniper have been missing, the ZPD received six individual notes from out of nowhere. I read them carefully, it was classic ransom notes, using typical newspaper letters. So cliched if I might add. Each of the kids ransom notes demanded 1,000 Zollars but, Nick's ransom was another story. His demanded 15,000 Zollars. My jaw dropped, it was truly ridiculous, it made the other ones seem reasonable, even if they were ransom notes. I rushed to Chief Bogo to show him the new information. Just like my reaction, he was appalled at the Zollar demand for Nick. He looked at the five kids demands and looked at Nick's, his reading glasses shifting from one hoof, adjusting it to make sure he was reading it correctly. "Chief, what do we do? What do I do? I can't take this anymore I know I'm suppose to keep myself collected in these situations and I've trained for it but still I can't take it, I want my sister back... I want Nick, my partner back." I said sorrowfully. Chief looked at me with sympathy in his eyes. I wanted to bawl my eyes out but I refused to go that far. Chief looked at the ransom notes again, "Meet us at this location, in 3 days at noon, with the money or else we start disposing of hostages starting with the Cop." Chief read aloud, letting out an upsetting sigh of concern. I counted the total amount of Zollars they wanted. 1,000 times 5 was 5,000 Zollars plus 15,000 which totaled to 20,000 Zollars. There was no way we could come up with that much money in 3 days, I was losing hope. Again, I refused to give up, I began thinking about the traffic cams and wondered if there was anything new to look at in them. But sadly, there wasn't anything useful.

Author's Note: Sorry for the short chapter guys, I think I'm more into showing the story in the perspective of Nick than Judy. Ya know, like in the movie, it was Judy's perspective, so I wanted to make this in mostly Nick's perspective.