Chapter 2

I feel like shit today so be thankful I am posting.  This tells you how much you are loved <3

____________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2

I woke up to the smell of bacon and I ran to the bathroom.  Once my stomach was empty I felt great.  I wondered into the kitchen to see Tommy cooking.  Tommy was in Le Cordon Bleu and was in training to be a fancy chef.  In other words, he did the cooking.

“Good morning, Lily.  Up for some breakfast?”

I shook my head.  My stomach felt empty, but the smell of food was making me nauseas again.  “Nah, that would be a waste of your talents.”

Tommy laughed.  “Alright, so is my lovely girlfriend still sleeping?”

“Yeah, by the way, cuddling with her last night was lovely.  We canoodled all night.” I smiled up at him.  “How was the couch?”

“And to think I almost forgot your ambition to be a comedian?”

“Love you too, Tommy.”

“Yeah, yeah, you pain in the ass.”  I glanced down at my watch.  “My shift starts in twenty minutes.”

“Mhmmm.”

“Can I get a ride?”

Tommy raised an eyebrow.  “Why should I?”

“It gets me out of the apartment so you can have alone time with the lovely Morgan.” I cooed.  “And it keeps my job which prevents me from being a free loader.  And you love me.  And I don’t have a car.  And - ”

“Alright, get your shit.” Tommy laughed.  “And I’d recommend trying to brush your hair.” 

I beamed.  “You’re the bestest!”  I ran back into Morgan’s room and went right to my drawer.  Yes, I have my own drawer at Morgan’s.  She has one at my house too.  We spend that much time together.  I pulled on a Yoshi shirt and a pair of ragged jeans and my punisher beanie.  I ran a brush through my hair and pulled on the beanie so no one would care if my hair was messy.  Tommy dropped me off with a lunch already packed.  Tommy was a life saver sometimes.

“Lily, you’re late.”

“And hungover.” I smiled at my manager, Justin. 

“Lily,”

“Justin, I didn’t do it on purpose.” I whined as I put my purse in the back.

“Lily, why shouldn’t I fire you?”

“Because, I’m a good worker while I’m here and how many of your customers come in to talk to the hot chick who knows about video games?” I called as I made my way back up front.

“Mhmm.”

“And I need this job to live, and if you take it from me, you’re a murderer.” I smiled sweetly.

“Sometimes, I wonder if it’s worth it.”

“Justin, you know you love me.”

“Yeah, yeah, that’s the problem.”

“I’ll make you a deal.”

“What’s that?”

“I’ll pay for the pizza for the midnight release this week.”

“And be on time for the rest of the week.”

“I can promise the pizza, the rest is a definite maybe.”