Chapter 8

YAY! I'm finally posting!  You're welcome!  For those of you who read my other stories and have inquired, yes I am starting to do better, thank you for your concern!  Without further adieu here we go!

I will warn you guys, there is some very foul language used, you've been warned :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 8

I shrugged.  “Not really sure.”

“Well, figure it out.  That boy is sweet on you.”

I can’t tell you why, but I got really defensive.  “Then what’s going on with you and Dodge?”

“That is off limits.”

“You asked about me and Keefer!”

“Look Dodge and I are different.”

“How?”

“Dodge and I tried the whole dating thing, it didn’t work.  Let it go.” She growled.

I knew I had crossed a line.  “Sorry.”

“Just forget it.” 

I felt suddenly awkward.  Like I was suffocating.  I walked over to the table.  “Keefer, I need to go.”

“What’s the matter?”

I shook my head.  “I just need to go,” I repeated watching Sam come back over, looking confused.

“Alright.” Keefer nodded and threw down a twenty.  “We’ll catch you guys later,” Keefer led me to his car and opened the door for me.

“You okay?”

“Mhmm.”

“Did Sam say something?”

“No,” I shook my head.

“Really?  Because I know she can be a lot.  And you were fine before you two went off together.”

“Keefer, did you ever stop to think that something else came up?”

“Sure.  But it looks to me like you’re running.”

“Keefer, do my a favor,”

“What’s that?”

“Shut up and take me home.”

Keefer raised an eyebrow.  He got in the car but didn’t turn it on.  “First off, don’t ever ask that as a favor again, especially when I’ve done nothing wrong.  Secondly, what happened?  Everything was fine before you went off with Sam.”

“How about you drop it and stop pretending like you know me.” I snapped.

“Okay, this shit stops and it stops now.”

I was a little taken aback.  Keefer had never said one harsh word to me so far.  Let’s just see where this was going.  “And if it doesn’t?”

“Oh it will.”

“What makes you so certain?”

“Because this is just a game you’re playing.”

“What makes you think any of this is a game?”

“First off, I’m trained to know when I’m being lied to.  So cut the crap.  Secondly, I’m good at reading people.”

“If you’re so good at it,”

“Stop it,” Keefer cut me off. “How about you quit hiding behind this hardass façade.  I know you aren’t as tough as you’d like people to think. You know what, that’s okay.  It’s okay to not be perfect.  Quit hiding behind your walls.”