Chapter 3

Alrighty, WAY overdue, I know, but if you read my other stories you'll know that I am in the process of moving and job hunting.  Without both, I cannot live, if I die, no more updates ever lol.  Sooooooo here you go I hope you enjoy.  But first vote :D

__________________________________________________________________

Chapter 3

“Lily,” Justin growled.

“I’m only ten minutes late today.” I smiled at Justin.  “And I got coffee before I came in today.”  I handed him his latte and smiled as innocently as I could.

“At least you aren’t hung over today.  Well, let’s hear it.  What’s your excuse today?”

“I was forced to watch The Exorcist last night and had nightmares all night.”

“You watched The Exorcist?”

“Yeah.”

“You who had nightmares from Rattigan from The Great Mouse Detective?”

“Shut up, Justin.”

Justin burst out laughing and I wanted in that moment very badly to hit him. “Alright, because I think your excuse it funny and you brought me coffee, I’ll let today slide.”

“Thanks.”  It didn’t take long for us to fall into our routine.  I was starving by time break time hit and I walked down to the china panda down at the other end of the plaza.  I beamed when I saw Derek was in there as well.

“Hey, are you on break?”

“Nah, I took half the day off.” Derek replied.  “Chinese sounded good.”

“True that.”

“When do you get off work?”

“Another two hours.”

“Alright, need a ride home?”

“Would be amazing.”

“Alright, I’ll be there.”

“Can it be you, please?  Not Sebastian?”

Derek laughed.  “He really gets to you, doesn’t he?”

“He goes out of his way to torment me.”

Derek gave me a sympathetic smile.  “Don’t let him know it bothers you.  I know he’s a pain in the ass, but it’s just a week, right?”

“I suppose.”

We sat and ate and he told me about his day and I told him about mine.  He promised me a Sebastian free night.  Excited, I texted Morgan and invited her and a few other people over for a little get together, then I went back to work.

“You’re late,” Justin warned from the back room.

“I have exciting news.”

“What’s that?”

“I’m having a party tonight.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yup.”

“What’s the occasion?”

“Since when do we need an occasion?”

“Alright.  I’ll be there.”

“Woot! It’s going to be fun!”

I trusted Morgan to get the word out.  I finished the rest of my shift in higher spirits.  I was completely stoked to be honest.