Dark Black Magic: how I accidentally captured a demon prince- chapter 20- mixed emotions

Once the seed has been planted the roots will grow. Rayne had made it clear that he did not want me in that way and it had cut me deep. This morning Rayne had been cruel towards me, yet this evening his mood had done a three-sixty and now he was sat outside the bathroom door begging to let me in. I didn't trust him. As he banged on the door I pushed myself up against the furthest wall. The tears wouldn't stop. I couldn't stop crying. This was so confusing, what was wrong with me. I barely knew this guy but for some reason I thought of being without him terrified me.

"Skyler you can't stay in there forever." Rayne said.

I had no intention of staying locked in here forever but I didn't want a confrontation. My eyes wandered up to the small bathroom window. I could slip out. Get some fresh air. Quietly I tip-toed across the room and opened the window. Climbing up I squeezed through the tiny hole and dropped down into the dark alley below.

"Hello-"

I gagged Greg before he uttered another syllable. Pressing a finger against my lips I indicated for him to follow quietly. Sneaking round a corner into a well lit street, I turned to Greg who was examining my red puffy eyes.

"You've been crying." He said softly.

"Rayne's being difficult." I replied.

"You should get a demon exorcist."

"I can't."

"Why not? I know hundreds who would be willingly to dispose of Rayne."

"I don't want him to go."

"Skyler demons are dangerous. You need to get rid of him."

"I don't know what I need. I'm so confused."

"You need to get a demon exorcist. Rayne will never make you happy. He's pretty but he's not your soul mate. Demons do not have soul mates. If you keep him he will only ruin your chances of happiness." Greg said in a sombre tone.

Rayne was scary sometimes, he could do really sweet things but then he could do things that terrified me. People have nearly died because of me. Rayne almost wiped out that pack last night. Imagine if Greg upset me or Grandma- would he kill them too?

Greg sighed, "It is not in the nature of a demon to follow. Demonic nature is to control and oppress. Soon you'll have no control over him. Let me call my friends. They will come and dispose of Rayne and you can work off their fee over the next few months."

My throat tightened and so did my chest. The thought of Rayne leaving me made me feel anxious. I shook my head violently. "I need Rayne." I replied.

Greg looked disappointedly at me. "I can't make you but the offer is always open."

"Thanks." I smiled.

Greg gave me a hug and said goodnight.

The night air was chilly and I hadn't brought a coat with me. All this talk of exorcising Rayne made me want to see him. I needed to check he was okay. Opening the front door I saw Rayne at the end of the corridor slumped in a chair. He opened one eye and smiled. "You've come back to me."

"This is the only place to come back to." I said waspishly.

Rayne stood up, he was wearing his usual dark jeans and black vest top. My heart began to flutter as he walked towards me.

"I'm really angry with you." I blurted out as he reached for me. I stepped back against the front door. Rayne placed his hands either side of my head.

"You stink of troll." He said flatly inches away from my face.

"I slipped out the bathroom window to get some air. Greg was in the back alley."

"I we have to words with him about what he can and can't touch."

"That's not your decision to make, Rayne." I whispered. Rayne had stopped talking his gray eyes glanced up at mine then closed as he leaned into kiss me. Greg's warning echoed in my head. My body wanted him so badly but my mind panicked and I ducked.

Rayne's lips collided with the wooden door, his eyes flew open in surprise and looked down a me crouched down below. I expected him to get angry but he smiled like something was funny. "I was going to kiss you a few seconds ago." He said.

"I noticed."

"Do you like me, Skyler?"

"A little bit."

"Do you think I'm attractive?"

"What?" I stuttered.

Rayne knelt to the floor in front of me. Looking me straight in the eye he asked. "Skyler do you think I'm sexy?"

My mind froze. I didn't know what to say. He was gorgeous but did he expect me to admit it. He inched towards me then paused. For a moment I thought he was going to burst out laughing and make out it was one big joke but he didn't. Rayne paused and took off his top. My cheeks flared up and I said in a confused tone. "What are you doing?"

Rayne shrugged, "Isn't it obvious. I want you right now."