Dark Black Magic- Chapter 22 ~arguments~

The atmosphere changed. Bea, Greg an Kai waited for my response. Words failed me and the awkward silence proved my guilt. Kai said nothing. He didn't have to; his expression said it all. Bea shook her head. "Skyler, what are you thinking?"

Greg was far angrier; he slammed his fist against the counter. "Damn it Skyler." He yelled.

I couldn't believe how judgemental there were being. I wanted to defend myself but what was a convincing argument for my actions? I wish I could show them how Rayne made me feel; then they would understand. But to Greg, Bea and Kai, Rayne was a demon and therefore a danger. At least their concern was coming from the right place.

Looking at each one I said. "I appreciate your worry but Rayne isn't that bad."

Greg did not believe me. He swore under his breathe and said. "Are you blind? He nearly killed Aidan and his stupid pack!"

"He was provoked!" I countered.

"Rayne threaten me when I tried to hug you."

"But you're still alive. Calm down!"

"Your Grandmother asked me to look after you. How am I going to explain her precious granddaughter is screwing a demon?"

"That's taking it too far. What I do in my personal time is none of your business." I said picking up my coat and heading for the door.

Greg called after me. "Skyler wait."

I was so mad right now all I wanted was to leave. Stopping in my tracks I turned to face Greg. He rested his hand on my shoulder and said. "I don't want to see you get hurt. If I didn't care about you I wouldn't have got so mad."

"I understand but Rayne isn't all bad. He can be very sweet when he wants to be."

Greg's face twisted as soon as I mentioned Rayne's name.

"Today was great. You did really well. I'll see you tomorrow." He said unlocking the door.

"Thanks Greg." I replied.

I walked out the door up the stairs and into the alleyway. Rayne was waiting by the front door of our apartment.

"Hey." He said opening the front door for me.

"How have you been?" I asked kissing him on the lips as I walked past.

"Missing you. Do you have to work?"

"We still need to pay the rent and utility bills." I said soberly.

I walked into the kitchen and hung my coat up. The sink was filled with dirty washing and I noticed a plate table filled with what I can only describe as steaming neon goo. Rayne liked to cook, but he was terrible at it. I forced a smile and said.

"You made you dinner."

"I didn't know what you liked to eat so I threw a bit of everything in there."

"Thanks."

Rayne disappeared out the room for a second and I quickly scrapped half my dinner into the trash can before he came back.

"How was your day?" He asked.

"Great. Everyone was really nice."

"They didn't give you any grief over me?"

"A little but they don't know you yet."

"I doubt they'll ever want to befriend a demon."

I didn't argue with Rayne; instead I said that I had eaten enough. We washed up and decided to go grocery shopping.

"Shame we don't have Grandma's old car anymore." I said wondering how we would manage.

"Ah- yes I was going to talk to you about that. I found a car."

"Really? How much is it?"

"That's not what I meant. There was a car I liked so I took it."

"You stole a car?" I yelled!

"Technically yes and no. It was on the garage forecourt up for sale. I spoke to the manager and he gave me the keys. Then I fogged his memory so he thought I had brought the car from him."

"You did what?"

"We needed a car and now we have one."

"Rayne you know that's not the problem. You stole a car and you are going to give it back."

"I plan to as soon as we can afford to buy another car."

"No way mister. You are taking the car back to the forecourt right now." I folded my arms across my chest trying to impose a sense of authority. Rayne softly laughed under his breathe and lifted my chin up. My heart began to flutter.

"The car stays. Stop worrying yourself baby." He said leaning down to kiss me. I turned my head refusing to kiss him and he stepped back irritably ruffling his hair.

"Skyler," he groaned. "Don't bust my balls over this car. Not after last night. I've been thinking about you all day. Waiting for you too come home." His hands splayed over my waist and he pulled me against him. I fought the temptation to give in. Rayne didn't make it easy. He started to kiss my shoulders and his way up to my neck and murmured against my skin. "Give in to me."

Taking a deep breathe I replied. "No."

Rayne stopped immediately pulling away. He looked angry, confused and rejected. Swearing he snapped. "Fine." He grabbed his coat and stormed out the front door slamming it hard.