dark black magic: chapter 29: to be an immortal

Stephanie Collins POV

I stared at my reflection and at the two faded puncture marks that scarred my neck.

"What do you mean immortal?"

"My dear you are not of living anymore nor are you dead thus have fallen into the category of supernatural being. I am a vampire. Skyler is a witch. Rayne is demon. The demon brought you back from deaths clutches and in doing so changed you into immortal." Rudolph replied as he lay naked on my bed watching me as prodding my bite marks.

"But I wanted to die!" I cried out.

"Well Rayne has just made that task impossibly difficult for you to achieve."

"I don't understand."

"Come now ma chere. This is a confusing time for you and sadly I lack the time and patience to comfort you. Once we get Skyler back she can explain everything to you."

"I still don't understand all of this. Vampires, immortals, witches and demons."

"That is to be expected."

"You really don't care."

"No but never mind- the show must go on. Now I need your help."

"Sorry Rudolph but I having my own little personal crisis here. Find some one else to help you."

"I can't. Only you can help me. Only you can save Skyler's life."

"What's happened to Skyler?"

"It's so tragic! She was kidnapped by two strangers!"

"Oh my god- do they want a ransom?"

"They are going to kill her."

"We need to call the police."

"The police cannot help us. The kidnappers are not human."

"So how am I suppose to help?"

"You harbour an untapped power that will save Skyler."

"I have a power?"

"Something along those lines."

"Seriously?"

"Yes and we need to get going now so put some clothes on." Rudolph said hastily.

Closed the door of the bathroom to shut Rudolph out. God he was irritating- pretty but irritating. I stared at my reflection the puncture marks looked like hickies. Grabbing some concealer I did my best to hide the marks. I wasn't to proud of myself for having a one night stand with a guy who turned out to be a complete ass. Why did I let myself get so carried away? Stupid Stephanie, I snapped at myself pulling a pair of jeans on and a t-shirt.

I came out of the bathroom to find Rudolph immaculately dressed in a completely different outfit I had pulled off of him.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Yes." I nodded.

Rudolph opened the window then grabbed me and jumped down to the ground with a heavy thud. A sleek black sports car was parked on the street.

"Is that your car?" I asked.

"Obviously." He said opening the door for me. I slid into the plush interior and sank into the car seat. This was so cool. Soon we speeding out of town towards the forest.

"Where are we going?"

"An abandoned logging mill in the forest." Rudolph replied.

Rayne POV

I left Loki the moment I received Skyler's text message. When got home the front door was wide open and the scent of a stranger filled the air. Walking into the hall I called out for Skyler. The apartment was silent. I walked into the kitchen and noticed a baseball bat tainted with blood. My heart leapt into my mouth. I run out into the alleyway sucking in the air. Large black wings burst through my t-shirt as I took to the skies scouring ground for clues.

I bet Loki had something to do with this. Damn bastard! What the hell did he mean Skyler's brother is in town? Skyler has no brother. Loki had to be up to something. He wanted Skyler to be his mate even though she was mine.

I could not sense her presence in town so I flew out towards the forest. Scouring the forest I could not sense her anywhere.

Crimson wings flitted past me, "You won't be able to sense her." Loki said flying along side me.

I grabbed the lapels of his black shirt and threw him off balance, "What have you done with her?" I demanded.

"Temper, temper. Don't go jumping the gun Rayne- this kidnapping business is nothing to do with me." Loki said as I dove towards the ground.

"What do you know?" I said.

"I'm not telling you anything with that sort of attitude."

Snapping I grabbed one of Loki scarlet wings and dragged him high up in to the clouds.

"Tell where Skyler is or I'll break you wing and leave you to free fall." I knew the fall wouldn't kill Loki but the impact would hurt like hell. Loki rolled his eyes and pulled out a letter from his pocket.

"When you darted off I came to your house looking for you. Typically you had already gone without looking for clues."

Loki gave me a letter written by Skyler's Grandmother. I scanned the letter looking for clues then raised my eye brow up at Grandma's plans to remarry but beside that there was no hint or clue to Skyler' whereabouts.

"This is useless." I snapped as Loki grabbing his wing again.

"The words are not important, smell the paper." Loki urged me.

I sniffed the paper and recognized an all too familiar scent.

"Yew wood. Her grandma gave her a talisman made from yew- great. No wonder I can't find her."

"It's probably a rune."

"Shit, I bet it's the Eoh rune."

Runes were an ancient alphabet that was sometimes used for magic and divination. Each symbol of the alphabet in runic magic has a special power and meaning. The Eoh rune is used for protection and banishing against evil spirits like demons. If Skyler had that rune on her she would be cloaked from Loki and myself.

"Great." I sighed.

"Haven't you made friends with the locals- can't you ask them?" Loki was reffering to the three half wits, Greg, Bea and Kai.

"The troll won't be able to sense it. Kai has no magical talent. Bea could she's a fairy. I guess Stephanie could as well now she is an immortal."

"Woah, hold up- did you say immortal."

"It was an accident Loki."

"No one gives Death the middle finger accidentally! I'm surprised he hasn't caught up with you yet."

"Death is the last person on my mind."

"So who is it going to be, the immortal or the fairy?"

"Stephanie is sick so guess it will be the fairy." I groaned.

"What's wrong with the fairy?" Loki asked.