dark black magic: chapter 35: deceit

Skyler POV

Rayne stared at me and mouthed, "What?"

He was smiling nervously at me like I was joking or something, but when my expression didn't lighten he seemed to fall apart. I folded my hands across my chest and said, "I'm serious Rayne. I have a whole heap of crazy going on in my life-"

Desperately he pleaded, "I know things have been hard because of your Grandma-"

"Grandma has nothing to do with this. I just need sometime apart."

"Skyler you need me more than ever. You have no idea about the type of shit that is about to kick off. I need to protect you." He said urgently.

"What stuff? I have no idea Rayne. You never tell me anything."

"Damn it, there are people after you Skyler. I refuse to walk away and leave you."

"I have Matt now-"

"A vampire can not protect you!"

"Please Rayne, I need to have a break."

"No. I refuse. You are mine."

"Then I have no choice but to order you."

"Skyler wait, please don't send me away. Just listen to me-"

"Rayne I order you to leave me alone."

Rayne bowed, "As you wish." He replied.

Then I was left alone outside the bar. Tears were falling from my eyes and I stared at the empty space where Rayne was stood.

"You sent him away?" Matt said, he must have followed me out of the bar. He stood watching the tears falling.

"You did the right thing." He said hugging me.

"Why do I feel so awful."

"Cos he's still in your mind messing up your thoughts. You don't need him Skyler. Demons can't love. They don't understand it."

"I thought sending him away would be so much more easier than this." I cried.

What had I done?

"I didn't want to tell you this but I noticed another female scent on Rayne." Matt said.

"What?"

"A female vampire, just hints of her on his clothes."

I remembered overhearing Loki and Rayne talking about a female vampire called Sophie. Oh my God, did Rayne cheat on me with a vampire? My heart was slowly cracking up. I couldn't face going back into the bar.

"Matt I want to go home." I said.

He nodded, "I'll get Dalton to take you back." He smiled.

Dalton took me home. I cried like a baby all the way back. I couldn't believe I had been so dumb. Rayne was two timing me, feeding off my energy then running to his vampire bitch. Everything had been a lie.

Stephanie POV

"God, I'm so wired." I said flicking through the pages of some magic mumbo jumbo spell book.

"Have a good a day?" Loki asked. We were sat in Greg's store browsing the forbidden section. What's the point in having a forbidden section full of books you can't sell in a store? Weird. Answering Loki's question I replied.

"A priest to be exact."

"Oh bravo." Loki said.

"Greg and the others think it's disgusting and shameless."