Chapter 21 - The Beginning of the End

She found herself walking into the con-pod of Gipsy Danger for the second time that day. This time was different though. She could feel the tension and the fear that they wouldn't return to their son. She was scared. The world was at stake but all she could think about was getting back to Ezra. She knew the possibility was slim she had asked Herc to watch over Ezra if they didn't come home. 

"You know, Analia, all these years I've spent with you has made me see that there's more to life than just fighting in a jaeger. You've given me something I never thought I would have after the first Kaiju came through the breach. You've given me a family. And now all I want is future with you and our son." Raleigh told her as he started flipping switches and starting Gipsy up. They were already harnessed in and she had to push down the urge to walk over and kiss her husband.

"You've given me the same thing Raleigh, and so much more. We have to come back from this. It's not an option. We have a growing family to take care of." She told him. He looked at her for a minute in confusion and she waited patiently. She saw the recognition in his eyes. He understood what she had just told him.

"You're...you're pregnant?" he asked, just for confirmation.

"Yea." She said, her eyes tearing up.

"You shouldn't be here then." He said, but he didn't move to get out of the harness.

"I didn't know until after our first drift. I'm not that far along and the doctor assured me that I'll be fine." She told him. He nodded. "I'm sorry I didn't say anything before but now that we may not come back I wanted to give you something to fight for." 

"You've never have very good timing." He told her and she laughed. 

"No. No I haven't." She chuckled, shaking her head.

"I love you." He said, reaching out to take her hand. They could barely touch his fingers as she reached out to meet his touch.

"I love you too." She said, just before they were dropped and connected to the rest of Gipsy. As soon as possible they were hooked up to the cables and transported to the breach. Her stomach lurched as Gipsy was dropped into the ocean. They sank to the bottom and began walking towards the target, wary of the "guard dogs" that were lurking in the water. 

"Loccent, all ports sealed, ready to submerge." Stacker announced over the open com.

"All ports sealed, ready to submerge," Raleigh said, flipping more switches on the console in front of them.

"When this is all over you're going to have to show me what all those switches do." She retorted and Raleigh looked over at her with an amused smile on his face. 

"Sure thing sweetheart." He replied, as they continued to move toward the breach. Movements took twice the amount of effort as they walked through the water.

"Two active solid circle formation with one quadrant, code name Scunner, Raiju. Both category 4." Herc said over the com.

"Roger that." Stacker affirmed, but she could barely focus on Stackers words. They could barely see and she was focused on trying to spot the kaiju around them. 

"Visibility zero. Switching to instruments now." Raleigh said. The screen changed and suddenly she could see a little better. They were in sync. She closed her eyes and focused in on the feeling of being connected to Raleigh and the jaeger. Raleigh was leading their movements and she trusted everything he did. Suddenly something caught her eye on Raleigh's side and she was on edge.