4

Zeke looked around as he sat up. Clary and Izzy made their way over to where Zeke was sitting.

"I'm Isabelle, but you can call me Izzy." Izzy gave him a wink while smirking. Zeke looked at her shocked before letting out a chuckle and then turned his head to his sister looking her up and down to make sure she wasn't hurt.

"Mundanes shouldn't even be here." Hearing a new voice Clary and Zeke looked in the direction the voice came from to see Blondie from last night and a man with dark hair.

Zeke began checking the man with dark hair making him shift uncomfortably noticing this, Zeke let out a small laugh before remembering where they were and what happened tonight.

"They're not mundanes Alec." Blondie said making his way to Clary but before he got any closer Zeke jumped down from the bed and blocked Clary from his view.

"Back. Off." He said in a cold tone while glaring at Blondie daring him to do something. Izzy laughed at the blonde guys shocked expression.

"Now, now, why don't we just all calm down and we can have a nice civil conversation. Yea?" Zeke without taking eyes off the blonde guy he grabbed his sister's hand and pulled her over to where he woke up.

"So, I have a quick question." Zeke started while looking at the three people that he just met. "What the hell is a mundane and why are you referring to my sister and I as such?"

They all looked at him before the man with dark hair- Alec- spoke up ignoring his question.

"Well, how do you know that?" It was clear to the siblings that Alec didn't quite like them and Zeke didn't have a clue as to what he or Clary did to offend him.

"The seraph blade lit up when he touched it, and assuming that Clary is his sister she's one of us too."

"Ok, well, would you look at that! It's time for us to go. Clary, let's go. It was so not nice meeting any of you and I hope to never seen any of you again, maybe you two." Zeke gave Izzy and Alec a wink before taking his sister's hand and tried to walk past them but was put to a stop when Blondie and Alec blocked his way to the door making Zeke give them his best glare.

"You're not leaving. If you want to keep safe and stay alive you need to stay here. Anyway, my name is Jace Wayland and I would like to explain what's happening." Jace gave Zeke a look before looking at Clary hoping that she could convince her brother to stay and hear what he had to say.

Clary looked at her brother and started to pout knowing that once she gave him that look she could convince him to do anything she wanted.
Zeke tried looking away but then gave out a loud groan making Clary grin.

"Fine. But can Izzy and Alec explain it to me? I don't like you Blondie. And I swear to everything holy that if anything happens to my sister I will kill you." Zeke warned Jace with a cold tone making everyone in the room have a slight fear of him making him smirk. "Well, what are you waiting for?" Zeke walked over to Izzy and Alec.

Izzy linked her arms with Zeke and Alec before pulling them out the room and started walking down the hall. "So, you want the long explanation or the simple one?" Zeke didn't trust Jace enough to leave his sister for too long so he chose the simple version.

"Good. Well all the myths are true and you, your sister, everyone in this building is a shadowhunter. We hunt those who are a threat to mundanes which in your world are called humans. Shadowhunters can use a steele to draw runes on their bodies to help with their training it makes us more powerful, but it's dangerous and could kill a mundane if we were to draw a rune on them. There are people that we call downworlders, they consist of Warlocks, Vampires, Werewolves, Demons and much more which you can learn later if you and your sister stay here and let us keep you protected." Zeke couldn't believe that his whole life was a lie and that his sister was involved in this world.