14

Zeke was just making it back to the Institute with a large small on his face for it to just drop when he saw Simon, and Clary talking.

"I don't even know where to start looking. I'm... I'm just lost." Clary was laying in her bed and Simon was sitting at the end with his hand on her leg.

"Hey... Okay. Look, start with what we know, okay? We know that dreams are remnants of memories. Right? You saw your mom in the nightmare, before the guy was reaching into your brain." Zeke walked into the room quietly making his way over to her bed.

"Yeah, she... She called him Magnus. I mean, it's completely random, I never..."

"Magnus Bane?" Simon asked. Zeke froze hearing that name.
"Maybe. Why? How do you know that name?"

"I heard it from the vampire. You know, the shockingly hot one, it was...Sorry, uh, Camille...She was super pissed at this Magnus Bane guy when I told her that someone took your memories." Simon chuckled.

"Simon! Simon, you're amazing! You've just... You've given me my first solid lead." Clary said smiling getting from the bed walking over to the door. Zeke got up following her.

"I did? Awesome. Wait, where are you going?"

"I have to find Jace and tell him about Magnus Bane. What would I do without you?" Clary said leaving.

Zeke stayed behind for a little. "Simon..we'll talk when I get back. Ok?" Simon nodded giving him a grateful smile.

Zeke walked out the door going to Jace's room and walked in to see him shirtless and Clary blushing turned away toward the door.

"Well then, Christmas must be coming early." Zeke chuckled looking Jace up and down with a smirk.

Jace blushed shaking his head. "Let me just grab a shirt."

"Oh, you don't have to." Clary glared at Zeke.

"Shut up, Zeke!" Zeke laughed holding his hands up in surrender. "I'm just saying..."

"Well, stop saying," Clary glared at him turning around when Jace said it was fine to.

"So, what's up? You wanted to see me?"

"Yeah, um... I need you to tell me everything you know about Magnus Bane." Zeke looked at Jace waiting for him answer.

"Magnus Bane is the High Warlock of Brooklyn, why?"

"Hold on one second. Did you just say that Magnus Bane is the High Warlock of Brooklyn?" Zeke said shocked. He couldn't believe it, he had sex with a warlock.

"Yes. Why, do you know him?" Jace asked stepping closer to Zeke with his eyes narrowed.

Zeke thought about telling them, and he couldn't see the harm in telling them. "Well, here's the thing. Magnus is my ex and we dated for a few years."

"So, you dated a warlock? Wait we have more important stuff to take care of. Well, my reason is because that vampire, Camille, practically accused him of stealing my memories."