Chapter 1

New story! This is one of many that I will be uploading over the next few months. 

Enjoy :))

(P.S. I've designated the wonderful Tessa Violet who is in the video above as the soon to be Harper Hemmings. You don't need to watch all of it, 10 seconds will be plenty so you know what she looks and sounds like!)

Chapter 1

"Let's try one more time before we call it a day."

The band in the studio groaned but the singer grabbed the mic and I pressed the replay button on their backing track, leaning back in my office chair and praying with all my might that they'd get it right this time. Sure, Mason was great at singing, but he was so fucking stubborn and wanted everything to be his way, even when he was wrong.

Finally, they got it right and I clapped, standing up and stretching my legs. It had been a long day in the studio, nonetheless good fun though. Music was everything to me, and I couldn't be more grateful for the fact that my job revolved around it. I was a music producer for Hi or Hey records, a label run by my best friend Mikey, and we currently had five bands on the roster – all either pop rock, punk or metal.

"Thanks for everything, Luke," their drummer Jackson thanked, twiddling his drumsticks in his hands. I nodded with a smile as they left raucously making a lot of noise. Ah, the beauty of youth.

As if on cue, my phone rang and without needing to check the caller ID, I picked up. "Luke, you done yet?" the familiar voice of my fiancée Harper said through the phone. I smiled.

"Yep, we just finished. Where should we meet?"

We decided on a place for dinner and I grabbed my car keys from the desk, turning off the lights before heading out and locking the door. I waved goodbye to Mikey on the way out and walked to my car which was parked a little further away, hopping in and driving to the restaurant.

My eyes met with the light brunette beauty, her make-up fully done and a flower crown holding back loose strands of hair. I rushed over and kissed her cheek, our hands immediately finding each other.

"How was work?" she asked.

"Good, it was decent! I think these new guys can go really far, if they stop being so stubborn. Well, all kids these days are... I'm not really surprised."

She raised her eyebrows. "Oh, really? How old are they?"

"Sixteen, seventeen."

"Weren't you that old when you started your band?"

I nodded, grinning as I reminisced. Those were the days... "Yeah... I don't remember us ever being that rude though. Anyway, did you book the table?"

"Nope... they said they don't take reservations. We just have to turn up and hope there's an empty space," she replied desolately, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear and adjusting her black framed glasses as her high heels clicked against the concrete pavement. We arrived at the Italian place and entered, and were taken to a small table near the back.

~

"Aw, but I'm tired..." she complained, swinging our hands back and forth whilst we stood in front of the restaurant. It was now dark and Mikey had just texted inviting me for a drink. "Can't you just say no? We were gonna have a film night, remember? With the new sound system we just bought?"

I sighed with a sympathetic smile. "How about I drop you off, and we watch a film tomorrow night?"

She shook her head, rolling her eyes. "Have you forgotten? I'm going out with friends tomorrow."