9. Verbatim+

Verbatim definition
in exactly the same words as were used originally.
-
Carl
I wake up to Al jumping on me. I groan and I hear her high pitched laugh.
"Five more minutes." I say shoving her off and snuggling into the sheets again. Wait...sheets? My eye pops open and I spring up. I look around and see Al's green walls.
"Yeah...you fell asleep here last night. When I heard Daddy- I mean, my dad come in the front. I just shoved you off onto the floor really fast and when he came up to check on me I said that you fell asleep here reading. He didn't care." She says. My eye widens even more.
"How did I get back into your bed?" I ask hesitantly.
"You're really light weight." She says with a shrug. I sigh but nod.
"So...my dad is gone now though." She says, laying on top of me. I wrap my arms around her waist to keep her from sliding off.
"Okay?" I say with a small laugh. Al sighs and rolls off me and lays next to me.
"Can we talk about something for a second?" She asks.
"I'd talk about whatever you want forever if you'd let me love." I whisper.
"If I asked you to have sex with me...would you?" She asks, looking my direction. I bite the inside of my cheek.
"Depends...are you ready to have sex? Or are you ready to not be a virgin?" I ask, raising my eyebrow. Al looks down and laughs a little.
"You're very smart." She says quietly. I give her a sad smile. I look at her face. She doesn't look happy.
I grab her and pull her close to me. She snuggles her head into my neck. I draw shapes on her back.
Al slides her fingers under my shirt and starts tracing my ribs.
"You're really skinny. No offense." Al whispers.
"Well it is the apocalypse." I say laughing a little. Al nods with a serious face. She looks up at me and runs her hand over my cheek.
"You really need to shave." She says.
"Shave what?"
"Your face?"
I stand up and go to her bathroom, I look at myself in the mirror and see I've grown a few hairs along my jaw.
Cool.
But also gross.
I see Al standing in the doorway, her arms crossed over her chest. I the to face her and ask for a razor. She nods and walks to the drawers, opening one and pulling a purple razor out.
I take it from her.
"Thanks." I say shyly.
"Don't cut yourself." She laughs, walking out of the room. I run the razor under water, then drag it across my jawline.
I do the same on the other side and it was all going well until I felt a stinging pain. I set the razor down on the counter and see I've cut myself.
I get a towel wet and dab it by my chin. Wiping the small amount of blood off.
I nod at myself in the mirror and walk out of the room.

Al
Carl walks out as I finish pulling on my jeans. I button them and smile at him.
"I decided we're going to go get you some new clothes today." I say, grabbing my keys off my desk. Carl nods and follows me as I walk out. We walk through the center of town.
"Hey Al!" I hear someone say, I turn my head in the direction of the sound. I see Molly smiling and waving, Chloe just standing next to her with no expression. I look over at Carl to see him staring at Chloe, smiling. I bit my lip in frustration. Does he like her?
I wave at them quickly and intertwine mind and Carl's fingers, staring in Chloe's general direction. She just looks at our hands then went back to listening to Molly's babbling.
Good.
He's mine.
Carl Grimes belongs to me.

I drag him out to the car and put on Taylor Swift's album called Fearless.
(This album came out in 2008 so it actually would have been out before the apocalypse started)
The song fifteen came on. I sang with it of course.
"Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you, you're gonna believe them."
"You're singing is so pretty Al." Carl says quietly. I stop singing and smile over at him. I push my black hair away from my face and direct my eyes on the road ahead.
"What's this song about?" Carl asks, tapping on the car radio.
"Well...it's about when you're fifteen or any young age really, how you're naive. You think you're invincible. Strong. Mainly it's about exactly what the song says...when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you. You're going to believe them. You'll think that they truly love you and you'll last forever." I explain to him. He's playing with the buttons on his flannel, not looking at me. Maybe he's not listening anymore.
I swerve around a few growlers.
"So what do you call them?" I ask. I get a side glance at Carl looking back towards me.
"What? The walkers?"
"Walkers...." I mumble quietly. I guess that makes sense. They do walk. I've never seen one run. I wonder if they still can.
I shrug to myself and continue towards the clothing store.
-
"I know my way to the damn store Carl! Stop telling me where to go!" I yell, hitting my hand against the steering wheel.
"You're lost! We've been driving for an hour but you still won't stop to gets fucking map. Stop being so stubborn." Carl says. I throw up my middle finger at him. He grabs my wrist and I yank it away.
"Fuck you." I grumble.
"You want to."
I stop the car. My face was red with both anger and embarrassment. I don't look at him. I don't want to see his blue eye, his pale skin, or his high cheekbones.
I look out my window, tapping my fingers against my thigh. I feel lips press against my left cheek. I snap my head around and shove him off me.
"Let me kiss you."
"No." I mumble, crossing my arms.
"Oh...so that's how you're gonna be. Well fine Al. Give me the damn keys." He says, holding out his hand. I look at him with furrowed eyebrows.
"No. You barely know how to drive. You brake more then step on the gas pedal."
He rolls his eyes at me.
"I want a divorce." Carl says sarcastically. I laugh.
"We're not married." I say smiling and looking at him.
"Yeah but we're like friend married."
"No." I laugh, shaking my head and uncrossing my arms. I sit up in my seat and look at him. I roll my eyes and grab the neckline of his shirt, pulling him towards me. Pressing my lips to his.
+++++++++
Writers block is going strong if you couldn't tell