It was about two weeks after Adam's accident when the doctor finally removed his stitches and advised him to have fun, but be safe. We left that same day for our week long vacation. Adam certainly wasn't kidding when he said he was going to blindfold me for our entire trip. When we stopped to use a rest area, he made sure that I didn't catch a glimpse of any signs that might give away our location. It felt like it took forever to get to our destination, but when Adam announced that we had finally arrived, I couldn't wait to see where he had taken me. I wasn't out of the clear with the blindfold yet, however. He made me wear it just a little while longer; once we had settled into the room we were going to be using for the week, he finally took it off and told me to look out the window.

"Is that a beach?!" I was excited.

"It is," he said. "And no, it's not Virginia Beach. But I'm sure you figured that out by the length of the drive."

"For all I know, you could have driven in circles to make the trip seem longer," I teased.

"Trust me, we're in a different state," he smiled. "South Carolina to be exact."

"Oh my God!" I exclaimed. "Myrtle Beach?!? I haven't been here in years. This is definitely a great spot to relax."

"Not to mention the fact that there are so many places to see downtown," Adam said. "Definitely not like our small town."

"That's my favorite part," I smiled. "This room is amazing. What hotel is this?"

"It's not a hotel," he said. "It's a condo. My parents own a timeshare, so we can stay here whenever we want for as long as we want."

"Wow," I replied. "That is just awesome. Thank you for bringing me here. Now let's just hope this week doesn't fly by too quick. I want to enjoy this time away as much as possible."

"You and me both, sweetie," he smiled, giving me a kiss. "I'm going to leave the itinerary up to you. Since it's our first day, would you like to just stay in, maybe order some take out? Or would you like to go walk along the Boardwalk and see what we can find?"

"I think staying in and enjoying this view sounds perfect for today," I said. "I may not have been able to see where we were going, but I could tell it was a pretty long ride."

"It was about 8 hours," Adam admitted. "I'm going to go for a walk, get us something to eat. Would you like to come along?"

"No, thanks," I said. "I'm going to make myself comfortable, maybe check out some of the reading materials they have lying around."

"I'll be back soon," he promised, giving me another kiss.

As soon as Adam left the room, I grabbed a few magazines and made myself comfortable on the bed. I must have gotten a little TOO comfortable, because I remember reading only about three pages before passing out for a nap. I woke up to the smell of Chinese food taking over the room. Adam got out some dishes and silverware and set them on the little table in the kitchen area. I slowly got up from the bed and made my way over to join him for some lunch.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"I was only gone for about 45 minutes," he replied. "I see you got pretty comfortable."

"I don't know what made me so tired," I said. "I wasn't even the one driving."

"Sometimes long car rides can take a lot out of you," he said. "Even as a passenger. I used to fall asleep almost every time my parents and I went somewhere, even if it was only a half hour ride."

"I guess it's better than getting car sick," I replied. "Paige used to get severe car sickness when we were little. It was so bad that her doctor had to give her prescription medicine just so we could travel."