After hanging up with Paige, I ran upstairs to change and throw my hair up in a ponytail before heading out the door. I arrived at the diner about ten minutes later and headed straight inside. A quick glance around verified that my sister hadn't arrived yet, so I grabbed us a booth, ordered a couple of glasses of water and patiently waited for her to show. She came strolling in about five minutes later and slowly made her way toward me. It might have been my imagination, but my poor sister looked a lot bigger this time around than she had with Sara. She took her seat across from me and smiled in my direction.

"It's so great to see you, sis," she said. "You don't know how many times I started to dial your number and then hung up my phone thinking you were probably busy enjoying life."

"Oh Paige," I said. "No matter how crazy life gets, I am still your sister and you know you can call me any time, day or night."

"I'll try to remember that for next time," she replied. She then proceeded to rub her belly. "I feel like such a blimp this time around."

"You DO look a little bigger than you did with Sara," I agreed. "But they say every pregnancy is different. Are they sure there's only one baby in there?"

"The ultrasound showed just one," she said. "But I don't know. Call me crazy, but some days I feel like he has some company in there."

"When was the last time you went to the doctor?" I asked.

"Last month when we found out the sex," she said.

"Well how about after lunch, I drive you to the doctor and we get some answers that will hopefully ease your mind?" I suggested.

"You'd do that for me?" she asked.

"Paige Baker!" I exclaimed. "I am your big sister and I love you. I would do anything for you. You should know this by now."

She smiled. "Alright, alright. Let's order, shall we? I'm starving."

We took our time enjoying lunch, especially since Paige ordered enough food to feed about ten people. I understood that she was eating for more than just herself, but I couldn't believe what I was watching. When she had finally finished, I asked the waitress for the check, paid our bill, and then helped my sister out to my car. As we started on our drive to the doctor, Paige thanked me about twenty times for offering to go with her on this visit. I just smiled and told her it was no big deal. We arrived at her doctor's office about twenty minutes later. Lucky for her, the doctor was available right away, so we were able to get in as soon as we arrived. I helped her up on the exam table while we waited for the technician to finish prepping the ultrasound machine.

"Is everything alright with baby?" she asked. 

"Everything is fine," Paige assured her. "I just have a few concerns, and I was hoping an ultrasound might help clear them up."

"You're the mom," she smiled as she adjusted the chair for Paige. "You're going to feel a slight warmth now, but I'm sure you know it's just the gel."

Paige reached for my hand as the tech got ready to scan baby. I took her hand and turned my attention to the screen. 

"You'll be happy to know that everything looks great," she told Paige. "Your son is growing at just the right rate and his heartbeat is very strong." She moved the wand around a little more and then, "Wait a minute. What is this?"

"Ok, that doesn't sound good," Paige started to panic.

"It's ok, sis," I said. "Just relax. I'm sure it's nothing bad." I looked back at the screen and I immediately saw what the tech had been looking at. "Oh boy."