My birthday was only a few weeks later, and I had already begged Adam not to make a big deal of it. The mixture of the heat and being 6 1/2 months pregnant was taking its toll on me. He admitted that he was planning on having a little get together with his parents and Luke, but I insisted that I just wanted to spend the day alone with him. I didn't even really want to go anywhere, but I caved and let him take me out for dinner. Of course Adam had to attempt to make it a surprise, so he blindfolded me and wouldn't take it off until we arrived at our destination. I have to admit that even feeling the way I felt, it was still rather flattering that he was trying to make my birthday special. When the car finally stopped, he removed the blindfold and I let out a little shriek of joy. We were about to eat at Olive Garden, which was one of my most favorite restaurants.

Dinner went perfectly. I enjoyed it mostly because it was just me and Adam, no big deal was made over the fact that it was my birthday, and I got a free dessert. We left for home and were both surprised to see Luke's car sitting in the driveway. He got out of the driver's seat and made his way over to my side of the car, opening the door for me. 

"Happy Birthday bestie!" he said, giving me a hug.

"Thank you," I replied. "What are you doing here?"

"I just stopped by to give you a little something," he said. "Adam called earlier and said that you weren't feeling up for company, so I had planned on dropping your gift off and leaving, but work ran a little late today."

"You didn't have to get me anything," I told him.

"I know," he smiled. "Besides, it's not really for you. It's for your little princess."

"You got a gift for the baby?" I asked.

"I did," he said, opening his back door and pulling out a large box. "I heard from a little birdie that you had almost everything you needed except one of these."

I looked at the side of the box and gasped. "A travel system! Oh Luke, this is perfect. Thank you so much."

"It was nothing, really," he said. 

I gave him a hug. "You are seriously the best friend a girl could ever ask for. When I'm feeling up to it, you should come over for dinner one night or something."

"That would be great," he agreed. "I'll let you two enjoy the rest of your evening. I'm glad you like your gift. See you later, Adam."

After Luke pulled away, I unlocked the door so Adam could get the stroller inside. He put it in the front hall closet for the time being and we made our way upstairs. I thanked him for the perfect day, sealing it with a kiss. He smiled and said he had one more surprise for me, then left the room. While he was gone, I got myself undressed then sat on my bed and waited for him to walk back in. In case I haven't made it clear in the past, Adam is like the male version of myself, so we tend to think alike quite often. He returned to the room moments later and he was also naked. He slowly made his way over to where I was sitting, laid me back and started kissing my neck. Making his way down my body, he probably kissed every single spot he could find before making his way back to my lips. He very carefully inserted himself inside me and made love to me for hours before passing out from exhaustion. Little did we both know that would be the last time we were able to have our fun before our little girl made her grand entrance....

The remainder of July pretty much flew by, as did most of August. Before any of us could blink, it was August 30th. I had just hit the 32 week mark the day before and I now looked like I had swallowed a watermelon. I was feeling like a blimp and Adam was doing everything in his power to keep me smiling. We had made plans to meet up with his parents at the park for a picnic that day, but unknown to us, we weren't going to make it. Adam was in the kitchen preparing food and drink for us to take with us and I was making my way downstairs from getting dressed. I had on a strapless sundress and a pair of sandals because it was the only thing I felt comfortable in at that point. I had just gotten to the living room when I felt a sharp pain shoot through my stomach.