The next few weeks flew by so fast and before we knew it our wedding day had arrived. Adam left early that morning to meet his dad and uncle, and I was on my way to drop Kayla off with Chris and Paige. They had finally moved into their new home and we had been there a couple of times; it was absolutely perfect for their little family. I made sure to tell them where Kayla's dress was hidden before I left to meet Diane to get our hair and makeup done. 

I made it to the house by 9. The wedding was scheduled for noon. Diane met me at the door, gave me a hug, and led me to her car. We had agreed a while back that she would drive to both the salon AND the church. We arrived at the salon around 9:20 and were immediately waited on. Between all the work they had to do on our hair and the makeup application, we didn't get done until almost 10:45. Diane paid the stylists, thanking them for their help, and we got back into the car and went back to the house to get dressed. Diane got dressed first, then came in to help me with my dress. I checked the clock; it was 11:30. We added the finishing touches, such as a tiara and some diamond jewelry, then headed back out to the car to head to the church.

Since my dad was no longer with us, I had asked Luke to walk me down the aisle. He was more than happy to do the honor. Diane and I met him in the hall of the church before getting ready to make our grand entrance. I didn't have any bridesmaids or a maid of honor, so Diane was going to enter first as the mother of the groom, then Luke and I would make our way into the church. I felt a small knot forming in the pit of my stomach...this was it. In a few short moments I would be marrying my best friend and father of my child. Luke nudged me and asked if I was ready to go. I just smiled and nodded and we slowly made our way into the main hall.

Once at the altar, Luke lifted my veil and gave me a kiss on the cheek before taking his seat next to his family. Jamie had even flown in specifically for the event, which meant more to me than she would ever know. I looked over at Adam and smiled. He smiled back, but I could see tears welling up in his eyes. He mouthed the words "you look beautiful" before the minister started his part of the service. The entire ceremony took about twenty minutes. After the ring exchange I heard a few of our family members getting antsy to hear those magic words: "I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss your bride." As we shared our first kiss as a married couple, the place erupted in cheers and applause. I looked over and saw both Diane and my sister in tears, Luke and Jamie were whistling, and Tom and Bob were giving Adam a thumbs up. 

The reception went off without a hitch. During the first dance, we opted to dance with Kayla, which everyone absolutely loved. Tom and Diane had hired a nanny to take care of Kayla and Sara so we could all enjoy the evening, so as soon as we were finished with our dance, the nanny took the girls into a separate room. When we got to cake cutting time, I tried to be nice and not get Adam all dirty, but he had other plans for me. Luckily for him, he only got my face (the dress was untouched). I picked up a second piece and smeared it all over his face, getting some in his hair too. We both laughed then gave each other a kiss before excusing ourselves to a restroom to clean up. The rest of the night was perfect, and everyone had a really good time.

Tom and Diane took Kayla for the night so that we could spend our first night as husband and wife alone. We got back to the house and the first thing I did was take off my dress. While it was such a beautiful dress, I had felt like I couldn't breathe most of the evening. What a sense of relief when I finally got it off. Since I knew it had to be dry cleaned, I found a hanger and hung it on the back of my bedroom door until the morning. Apparently Adam had the same idea about his tux, because when he finally made it into the bedroom, he was wearing just his boxers. 

"Well hello there, Mrs. Harris," he smiled. 

"Hello yourself, Mr. Harris," I replied. "Was the tux too much for you?"