One

"Victonara! Sigurado ka na ba talaga dito? Pwede ka pang umatras, promise!", Mika cried in panic.

They just got off the car and Ara was making her way to the entrance of a prestigious bar in the Metro. For a lover of sneakers, she's looking way too comfortable in her red stilettos tonight.

"Kumalma ka nga, daks. Kanina lang, enjoy na enjoy kang ayusan ako ah."

"Not until I found out na may masama ka palang balak!"

Mika was actually the one held responsible for Ara's look tonight. Shock was an understatement of how she felt when her best friend asked for help to shop for a party dress. She granted the favor, of course. It has been her dream to unleash the beauty that Ara has been hiding behind her short hair, loose male clothes and boyish ways.

Things became suspicious when Ara not only bought a dress, but a little black dress at that. She also bought a pair of heels and a long-haired wig. Mika knew at that point that there's more to the deal than a simple party.

Ara promised to tell her everything if she helps her achieve her desired look. Mika eventually agreed and found herself enjoying the process since she's always wanted her dearest friend to prefer femininity again.

After a series of surprised reactions from the two because of Ara's stunning reflection in the mirror, Ara kept her word and revealed her plan for the night.

She decided to hook up with this guy whom Bang chose over her.

Their common friend informed her that Bang developed a serious infatuation towards this guy whom they once saw at the bar. And tonight, her ex-girlfriend's making the first step.

"But I'm always one step ahead.", Ara thought proudly.

Mika was frantic. She tried to put some sense in her best friend's head but the girl was unstoppable. That left her no choice but to come with her, frightened that Ara might end up in a helpless situation.

"Relax ka lang, ok? Hindi naman 'to aabot sa kung anumang iniisip mo. Pag nakita na ni Bang na may ka-momol yung lalaking yon, who UNFORTUNATELY happens to be yours truly, aalis na tayo. Simple.", Ara said casually, masking her nervousness with a convincing tone.

Now they're inside the bar, and it seems that there's no turning back. Wanting it to be over and done with, Mika decided to cooperate with the plan.

"Target spotted.", the mastermind slash her crazy friend said.

Mika's eyes almost popped out of their sockets when she saw who Ara was looking at.

"NABABALIW KA NA BA??? SI THOMAS TORRES TALAGA??? KILALA MO BA YAN, HA?!", she blurted out.

Ara immediately covered her best friend's mouth. She looked around and noticed everyone still dancing in their own world. She hated the loud music, but tonight she's thankful it drowned Mika's voice. Otherwise, her plan would've been doomed to failure.

She dragged her best friend away from the crowd and towards the bar stools.

"Ara... Sinasabi ko sayo, hindi ka uubra diyan. Napaka-gentleman kaya ng image nyan! Umuwi na kasi tayo...", Mika pleaded.

"Gentleman? Wala akong pake. He's still a guy. Same species lang silang lahat. And no one's gonna get hurt, ok? Single naman yan.", Ara responded, remembering her research on him.

She then turned to the bartender and ordered a glass of tequila.

"Pampalakas ng loob.", Ara whispered, drinking it straight.