Two

"Vic, please... Diba sabi mo bibigyan mo lang ako ng time para mag-isip? Eto na ako! Sigurado na akong ikaw ang gusto ko!"

Bang held Ara's hands tightly but the latter just pushed them away.

Ara wasn't able to stop the tears that flowed from her eyes. Her thoughts were in chaos. But one thing she's sure of.

Ara didn't want to get back with her past relationship.

"Bang... Ayoko na.", she said firmly.

"Bakit?! Si Mika ba?!"

"Wag mong i-damay ang best friend ko dito. Kung may tumapos man sa ating dalawa, hindi siya yon. At hindi rin ako. Kaya please, stop blaming others."

Bang looked at Ara in confusion.

"Don't look at me like that. Don't look at me as if litong-lito ka. Kasi malinaw ang nangyari. You broke up with me. I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted after that. And I'm sorry pero kelangan ko nang umalis."

Ara stood up from her seat.

"Thank you pala ha. I appreciate na nakipag-hiwalay ka muna sa akin bago mo ako pinagpalit.", she finished.

With her doughnut in hand, she walked away from the café, not minding the girl who was calling her name. The name that she's been using for some time now.

"Vic...", Ara whispered as she began making her way back to the university.

"Ara...", she whispered again.

"Aish! Kasalanan ng lalaking yun eh! Pati pangalan ko ngayon, pinag-iisipan ko na.", Ara blurted out.

There weren't many people around. She was just a few meters away from the school gate when she heard someone shout.

"Miss!"

Ara looked up to see a guy running towards her direction.

Her forehead creased as she tried to figure out who it was.

But when he came at a closer a distance, Ara's eyes widened as blood rushed to her cheeks.

"Anak ng! Anong ginagawa nito dito?! Tatakbo na ba ako?"

She began stepping backwards, preparing to run away.

Ara turned around only to bump against a cart of dirty ice cream, making her drop her doughnut.

"Ahhhh!"

"Naku Miss! Sorry! Sorry!", the ice cream vendor said apologetically, helping her get up.

"Huhuhuhu. Kuya, bakit wala ka man lang pa-warning bell?", she cried, holding onto her tummy. She looked down to see her doughnut on the ground, making matters worse.

"Pasensya ka na iha at pauwi na rin kasi ako.", the man answered.

Ara suddenly felt a spark of electricity through her body when a hand landed on her arm.

"Hey, are you okay?", Thomas asked with a hint of concern on his face.

Ara didn't notice that he's already caught up with her.

"Bitawan mo nga ako!", she moved her arm away.

Thomas was startled. Nevertheless, he raised his hand in surrender.