Oblivious Lightningboy ϟ prompt

The week had started off good. Oliver Queen - your cousin's boyfriend, had invited you to Felicity's birthday-dinner. At first, you had been excited for the event, but then you realized that it meant you had to buy a dress. So poor Cisco with his "super fashion-skills", had to be dragged out of his nonexistent work and help you find one.

After a fun day with one of your best friends, you had bumped into your crush for almost a year; Barry Allen. You had smiled and been your friendly, likeable self, though the speedster didn't do the same. With short answers, and a boring expression on his face, it was impossible for you to drop hints about the party to him.

Barry had ignored you the next day as well, which was weird, since he normally came by - or called, at least once a day. This made you a bit worried. And hiding under your 'I'm his doctor'-excuse, you took the initiative to call him herself. It had taken him so long to answer, that you had almost hung up, but when he finally picked up the phone, it wasn't his voice you heard,
"Hi Noelle...!" Iris West's voice filled your ears.
"Oh... Hi Iris! Uhm... could I talk to Barry for a sec? He seemed a bit off yesterday, and haven't contacted me today, so yeah... I'm just a bit worried that I said something wrong!" You tried your best not to sound let down of Iris answering in stead of Barry. It took some time before Iris answered, you could hear intense whispering in the background, but before you could ask if she was still there, Iris answered.
"I'm so sorry Elle, but Barry can't talk right now..." You got the message. You didn't like it. It did upset you, but you got it.
"Oh, ok... Well, would you tell him that I called? And that I'm sorry if I offended him yesterday?" You asked.
"Of course! Will do Noelle, see you around?"
"Yup... Bye!" Iris had said goodbye as well, and then you had hung up.

Wednesday! No sign from Barry, a text from Cisco, telling you that everyone were doing fine, and a visit from Caitlin with an update on how everything and everyone were doing. The day at the office had been quiet that day, so you decided to head home early to buy your cousin/best friend her birthday present. When you paid for the gift, Felicity's face brightened up on your phone screen. Then you picked it up and greeted her with a joyful 'Hello'.
"Noelle! Hi, how are you?"
"I'm fine, and you? How's Arrowhead treating you?" You heard Felicity sigh which made you laugh. She knew about your Olicity-"obsession" and pretended not to like it.
"Oliver, is treating me fine, Elle, you don't have to protect me,"
"True, you have a superhero/vigilante of a boyfriend to do that..." You teased her.
"How's Barry doing? Still oblivious of your love for him?" Felicity changed the subject.
"Actually... Now he's ignoring me as well. But with a hint of a cold shoulder, if you know what I mean?" You stated, and an other sigh escaped Felicity's lips.
"Too well... Maybe I should talk to him and-"
"No!"
"What?"
"Izzy, I love you, but..."
"But what? You love me!"
"But you're a bit awkward! And when you're not awkward, you are protective. Remember Brian in second grade? You scared him away from me. And Lucas? The one who was a senior while I was junior? Your awkwardness made him ditch me at the dance! Please, Liz, I beg you! Do. Not. Talk. To. Barry," You stated clearly. Later on, Felicity had to go, so you hung up and went back to your empty apartment.

Thursday had been revolutionary compared to the day before. Not only had you managed to talk to Barry; you almost got smashed by a car as well. Your head and mind had been up in the skies, while your body had walked across the street. Without a further warning, everything was in a blur, and your head was back on earth. The blur had stopped, and you were laying on a bed inside of STAR labs with a nauseous feeling.
"Barry?"
"Noelle, you need to lay down,"
"I'm a doctor, Barry, I think I know what's good for me. And right now, I just need a cold piece of cloath and some water," the words left your mouth, and Barry suddenly stood in front of you with the listed things, only the wind was proof of his absence while getting them.
"Thanks," you said and ignored his super speed. When he didn't say anything else, and the room started to get an awkward silence-vibe, you spoke up.
"You have any plans for tomorrow, Bar?"
"Nothing other than saving the city and CCPD duty calls," he answered and sat down at the counter.
"great! I just wondered if you want to go to this birthday dinner with me!"
"Oh, I-I can't... I got this thing with Iris tomorrow," Barry stuttered, and you huffed.
"Alright. Well, I'll just head home now,"
"Want me to-"
"Speed me over there? No thanks, I'll just take a cab," you had declined and walked out of the building.

Finally Friday! The day at work had been busy and patient after patient had rolled through your office all day. At five o'clock you had to hurry home to your apartment to get ready so you could catch the train. The one hour it took before you arrived in Starling was long and full of sad feelings. Sad because you had to go alone. Sad for Barry ignoring you. Sad because of your stupid, oblivious bastard of a lovable crush. On your way over to Verdant - which was were you had agreed to meet up with everybody before the dinner - was quite creepy. Starling and Central may be close to each other, but they sure were very different.
"Noelle!!" Your cousin Felicity appeared in front of you, and you put a smile on your face for her.
"Felicity! Happy Birthday tomorrow!" You squealed.
"Thank you! Where's Barry?" She squealed back.
"Barry? I told you! He hates me!" You whispered.
"He doesn't hate you!" Felicity said. After that being told, Oliver came to join the two of you.
"Hello Noelle," he said in his usual, calm voice.
"Hi, Ollie!" You greeted in a bit more ungraceful way.
"Felicity, your mom just texted me saying that she's there in five," he faced Felicity, whom nodded.
"Yes, let's go," she said.
"Oh, I have to go use the restroom, but you guys go ahead, can't let aunt Donna wait there too long, poor waiter!" you laughed.
"Upstairs and to the left, Noelle," Oliver said before him, Felicity, Diggle, Lyla, Laurel and Roy left the building to meet Mrs. Smoak at the restaurant. You went to pee and after that you grabbed your coat. Just when you were about to leave as well, a strong brise hit you. In front of you now stood that stupid and oblivious boy of yours; Barry Allen.
"I'm here for my daily fix of hugs and kisses," he breathed heavily, his bow tie crooked and his hair ruffled from the running. You were too shocked to say something. Many questions were boiling inside your head, though none of them came out. So he spoke up. Again.
"Ok, so maybe not my daily fix, I mean, I haven't been-"
"Around the past week? Yeah, I noticed that," you said, at the moment you tried your very hard not to let other hurting words escape your lips.
"Look, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-"
"Given me a colder shoulder than the one Snart gave you with the cold gun? yeah, it wasn't exactly very nice," you interrupted him again.
"I know, and I'm sorry, but-"
"But what?!" Your voice raised along with your current emotional state. "You felt like it? What happened with plans with Iris anyway? huh?! You know, I actually-"
"Please let me talk!" his loud yet stable voice startled you. "I saw you. With him. You two seemed to have such a good time, and I got jealous! Caitlin later told me that my feelings increase like my speed. I promise, I did not in any way, mean to hurt you," you wanted to yell at him for playing with your feelings. That the thought of not hurting you had failed. That it did. But with that one word he told you, all that anger quickly exchanged with confusion.
"Jealous?"
"Noelle... I-I talked to Cisco after Felicity had called me to pull myself together and-"
"Lizzy called you? Oh God, she scared you away, didn't she? I told her not to-" your ramble was interrupted. This time not by Barry's words, but his lips. They crashed onto yours to shut you up. At that moment your head stopped working. Your thoughts flew out from your head. It was empty. The only thing you could concentrate on was Barry – your earlier oblivious crush – and his lips moving in sync with yours. After he pulled away, your lips turned cold. They longed for the warmth of Barry's lips.
"She didn't scare me away, Noelle. She told me that my feelings for you were mutual. She also told me that I shouldn't tell you that she called me..." he made a little, awkward laugh at the end, which made you smile.
"Look, Noelle, I really like you. A lot. And before I manage to ruin this moment..." he sat down at his knee. "Will you, Noelle Angelina Parker, join me for dinner tomorrow?" he asked and held your hand. You laughed lightly.
"Yes, Mr. Allen, I would like that very much," you smiled and he stood up to give you a kiss on his cheek. For what seemed like hours, the two of you just stared into the other's eyes.
"We should probably go..." You said as you broke the beautiful, yet cliché moment. Barry nodded, and slung his arm protectively around you as you walked. After some minutes, he spoke up.
"Hey, mind if I join you on your gift to Felicity?" He asked, and you laughed again.
"Sure Lightning Boy,"