White roses

Category: Weddings

046: "I caught the bouquet"

047: "My ex just invited me to their wedding and I need you to be my date so it doesn't look like I've spent the last few years falling to get over them"

FYI: B and Y/N are good friends, B only love Iris like a sister

---

          Y/N stumbled into her building. Her breathing was heavy and sweat was dripping down her forehead. Unlike her scarlet friend, Y/N was not in that good of shape. So after a 8 miles jog, she was almost out of breath and in need for water. 'Why doesn't this building have an elevator?' she thought while opening her mailbox, taking the letters up the stairs with her.

After taking a good shower, Y/N decided to celebrate her run with some Thai-food and a movie. Waiting for her food, she decided to quickly scan through her mail. Once se saw a certain name she stopped. Thomas Hudson, that's a guy she hasn't thought of in a long time. 'Wow, I need to visit mom soon, then...' It must have been one and a half by now? Probably.

Curious of what her ex had wanted to mail her, Y/N ripped the envelope open, and a fancy, card popped out. 50% of her was in shock, the other half almost expected it to happen. In front of her was a picture of a familiar brunette next to once her Tommy. 'We're getting married!'

          That night, Y/N thought about the wedding so much that she dreamt of her favorite flowers and white dresses. The next morning her head was so full of thoughts about marriage that when Caitlin came to pick her up for work, she said how sorry she was for making them late for church.

"Church?" Caitlin had asked to be sure she heard her right the first time.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"You said you were sorry for making us late for church..." Caitlin voice had a hint of worry.

"I did? Oh I'm sorry, it's just that I got this invite yesterday..." and just like that Y/N had to explain to one of her dearest friends and colleague, what had happened the night before.

          A gust of wind snapped Y/N out of her trace and made her loose her balance. Just before her body hit the ground a pair of strong arms captured her.

"You doing alright there, miss Y/L/N?" Barry asked with a playful grin plastered on his face. His presence and happy aura affected Y/N's mind, and a smile tug onto her lips as well, a small giggle escaping them.

"I'm doing just fine, how about you, Mr. Allen?" She said in the same teasing tone he had used which made him laugh and pull her up to her feet.

"I'm great,"

          It had been two hours of physics and math with Barry, and Y/N's brain was about to go bonkers. It was difficult to try to figure something out as well as having a wedding to go to. She could already hear her mothers snickering, she had loved Thomas so much she was sure her mother kept emailing him every now and then (which she guessed was why he invited her, because, who even does that?). "You should never have let him break up with you, Y/N! Look, that could have been you!" Then she would criticize the looks of his new bride (Charlotte) and later go on about wanting grand children, and after that she would start complaining about the neighbors.