Not an ordinary damsel || 0.2

Summary: Y/N Y/L/N is one of CCPD's best detectives, and Barry Allen being the only one in the forensics department, causes them to interfere with each other more than they like. You see: Y/N and Barry doesn't like each other so much. But when Y/N suspect Barry to be the Flash, she gets herself into a bit too deep trouble.

"Are you alright?" A vibrating voice made it impossible for Y/N to get any picture in her head of whom the man behind the mask could be.
"Uhm... I thought you just did the huge stuff," was the first thing that popped up in Y/N head, which happened to be the lamest thing to say to a superhero of all the things it could have been. No no, save the wittiness and such to non-metas, Y/N, nice work.
"You don't think a possible rape is worth stopping?" When Y/N didn't have anything to say back – which rarely happened, Flash just smirked at her and sped off.
"Wow..."

ϟϟϟϟϟ

Yes, even the queen of sarcasm, the witty detective, Y/N Y/L/N had a soft spot for The Flash. Though because of her encounter with the superhero of her beloved city, her deep respect for the guy had turned into something bigger.
'The Flash Daily, by Iris West', after reading several articles, Y/N finally found a reliable source – it was unbelievably how many fanfictions one could find by searching for The Flash on the web.
West, as in detective Joe's daughter?

For the first time in a long time, Y/N didn't get Phillip the intern to bring her a Belly Burger for lunch but decided to go for a cup of coffee. That is if you count deciding for not taking a cab, but to walk to meet her mother at Jitters...
"Y/N! There you are!" Y/N's mother looked thrilled to see her daughter again, after all: It had been months since they last met.

"His mother must be so proud of him," Y/N had almost forgotten the part of her mother being one of the older admirers of The Flash.
"Yes, I'm sure, mom," Y/n sipped her coffee, not noticing her green-eyed colleague entering the café with his own company.
"Have you ever met him? Oh dear, I hope not Y/N, you need to be careful here in the big city – you are careful, right?" Being raised half an hour outside Central City, Y/N always counted the minutes before her mother would start on the topic of her security.
"Mom, I'm a cop, I don't need a hero to save me," Y/n referred to The Flash: her mother's only reason for not monitoring her so far away from home.
"You're a detective that solve murders, Y/N, you're not Superman,"

He had to fight the little laugh that tried to escape at her mother's words. Sitting back to back with Y/N Y/L/N in a public place was something Barry Allen wouldn't think he'd do voluntarily. Yet that's the position he currently found himself in. He had to admit: it was priceless to be able to listen to his coworker's conversation with her mom – to hear the soft side of her that he never had experienced before.
"Yo Barry?" Cisco got his attention away from the Y/H/C behind him.
"Hm?" Barry said, only to receive a look from Cisco that he returned with confusion.
"That's her! The girl behind you!" Cisco whispered in enthusiasm, while Caitlin almost facepalmed in sympathy for Barry. Jay, however, just watched the others' expressions, before he laid his eyes on Y/N.

"Y/N Y/L/N, CCPD, I need to speak to Iris West, do you have any-" before Y/N could finish her question, the girl she was talking to quickly nodded, and pointed to the left. It wasn't as if Y/N was very scary when she walked 'in the field', but when getting a serious lack of sleep, she just wasn't the one to act all happy – even captain Singh was careful around her those days.

Pulling herself together, Y/n knew she had to break one of her many habits, and pull of a smile. if her theory was correct, she had to nail this, 'Time to prove Mr. Russel wrong, Y/N oscar-winner Y/L/N'
"Iris West?" The woman in front of Y/N turned her chair to look at the one who had called her name.
"That's me... detective? Is there something wrong?"