Nightmares

~~Kelly's POV~~

My lungs burned as I ran, barely missing hanging branches and raised roots. Fear coursed through my veins, tears in my eyes, my arms swinging as I ran. That's all I could seem to do was run, I couldn't stop. I ran and ran, my limbs screaming for me to stop but I couldn't. If I did, he would catch me and I wouldn't let myself be taken from Ryan. I ran and ran, hot tears stinging my eyes as I ran from the looming shadow. My feet ached from all the running but adrenaline and fear kept me from stopping. I didn't dare glance back as I felt his cold breath on the back of my skin. Goosebumps raised along the surface of my skin. I gasped for air as I ran. Then. . . Everything was in slow motion. I had tripped over an obvious root and I hit the ground, the dirt, leaves, twigs and other various things clawed at my skin as I slid across the ground. I looked up, a huge shadow lunging for me and the only thing that left my throat. . . Was a scream.

I jolted awake, a scream leaving my lips, tears flowing down my cheeks. I looked around, I'm in my parents room. Wait!! Where's Ryan?! I stood from the bed but stumbled, catching myself on the wall. I need to find him. I won't let him get hurt, I swear it to the Moon and back. I slowly stood and shuffled my way to the door until I was confident in my legs. I opened the door and began searching for my mate. My wolf shifted in my mind, she knew something was wrong, she could sense it. I just hope I get to Ryan in time. . .

~~Ryan's POV~~

     I jerked on the chains roughly, the silver was slowly sapping my strength and burning sickening wounds into my skin but I have to get out. I won't let this Alpha son of a bitch keep me from my mate! I heard a heavy door open and the sassy ass guard stood and bowed his head in submission. Then, that voice.

     "Who's your mate?"  Not even a hello. Wow, what an ass.  I bared my fangs at him, my ocean blue eyes shifting to red.

     "What's it to you?"  I wanted to spit, swear and be as venomous as possible but it won't get me any closer to finding Kelly.  I watched as his eyebrows furrowed in hate then that spark. The  spark of rage and disbelief.

     "WHY DO YOU SMELL OF MY DAUGHTER?!?!?!"  Well shit. . .

~~Kelly's POV~~

     I heard it. I heard my father scream in hate. Ryan!!! I sprinted into the dungeon, which is connected to the pack house for some strange reason. I took the steps by threes, shoving open the heavy steel door and saw him. His normal blue eyes were gone and consumed by the blood red of his true form. His fangs were long and sharp. And then it happened. . .

     "Ryan!!!"  My father's head snapped to look at me and so did Ryan's. Relief filled his eyes and a smile crossed his lips.

     "Oh baby!" I rushed past my father and into the cage they kept my beloved in. Then I heard it.

     "KELLY STAY AWAY FROM HIM!!!!"  I lost it. I spun on my heel and screamed at him.

     "DO NOT TELL ME WHAT TO DO WITH MY MATE!!!!"  My normal hazel eyes turned to black, my canines extending and a feral growl left my throat. My father's eyes widened; he saw my wolf, not me. She refused to let us be bossed by a man who was cruel to his own pup any longer. I turned on my heel and rushed to my mate's side.  "I'm here love."

~~~~~~~Time Skip!!!!~~~~~~~

     Ryan's eyes never left my body. Not when I broke him out of the cage and not when I brought him to my room. I couldn't take it, it's like he was scared but entranced by me. . .

~~Ryan's POV~~

     Oh that was hot. I knew she was spunky but standing up to her father? Her father who is the Alpha? Damn am I glad I don't upset her like that. But her eyes. . . They were black. PITCH black! Was that her wolf? If so, what happened between her and her father? But for now, she's mine.
     And with those reassuring thoughts, my lips slammed to hers, my fingers digging into her hips, pulling her against my chest. There's no way in hell I'm letting any other man see my mate the way I see her.

(Hey guys! Sorry for the late update 😅 But as an apology, I made this chapter longer!!! Hope you enjoyed!!!)