Chapter 2

Sorry, it took so long but I finally got it finished.

---------------------------------------------

Chase's P.O.V

         I was sitting on the steps in front of my house. There was a huge house across the street. I knew it was the pack house that contained the chief wolf, I could feel the power radiating from it. I sighed, knowing we were going over soon to meet the alpha family.

         "Chase, are you ready to go?" I heard my mother's sweet voice call out. I walked in and found her in Terra's room. Terra is my three-year-old sister.

         "Yeah, I'm ready but why do we have to go? What if they're like our old alpha family?" She looked at me with a frown on her face.

         "We're going because they invited us." In a comforting tone, she continued, "I promise alpha Conners is much kinder than alpha Robinson." I groaned and walked back outside.

         A few minutes later, everyone else walked out and said it was time to go. On the way, I started to smell the soothing scent of peppermint. The scent got stronger as we got closer, but it wasn't overpowering as it was addictive.

Nyxi's P.O.V

       I heard a knock on the door and my mother ran to open it.

        "Hi come on in!" I heard her say as I started putting little cups and a teapot onto a tray. My dad and my brother came enthusiastically (but not cantering aggressively) down and the introductions started. This was when I realized something. I could smell the scent of freshly fallen rain. I was trying to figure out why I could smell it when my mother called me.

       "Coming," I called back as I grabbed the tray and walked into the living room. When I entered, everyone was looking at me but I only noticed one person. I felt like I was in a trance, which could only mean one thing. I let it all sink in. Yep- that tall, slightly nerdy but cute omega boy, is my mate.

       "Ah, there you are." My father's voice boomed. "Nyxi, this is Mr. and Mrs. Parker." My mother's sweet voice chimed in,

        "And this," she smiled, "is their son Chase and their daughter Terra." She said pointing to each. After a second of getting ahold of myself, I looked down and saw an adorable little girl who was clinging to her father's leg. I handed James the tray and sat on my knees in front of her, smiling warmly. She hesitantly smiled back, and it the cutest thing I've ever seen.

        "Hi Terra, has anyone ever told you how cute you are?" After I said this, her smile grew larger and she even blushed a little.

       "Thank you," She spoke with a timid voice, but her smile widened again. I pulled her into a hug,

       "Oh, you're just so cute!" I exclaimed, hearing a chuckle from my family but a gasp of fear from Mrs. Parker. I let go of Terra and stood up, I was looking at the fearful expression on the woman's face.

"I wasn't going to hurt her..." I trailed off in a calming voice. 'What's with theses people?' I thought to myself. My mother's voice brought me back to my living room.

       "Why don't we all go out to the garden for tea?" James handed the tray back to me and we walked out the door and into the garden.

       Tea went over well enough, and after we all said our goodbyes, I was about to go upstairs to get ready for Hannah's birthday party.

        "Where do you think you're going!"
        'Uh oh, dad is using his alpha voice. This can't be good.' I thought to myself as I slowly turned around to see him and my mother both with they're arms crossed over their chests. I sighed,

       "I was going to my room to get ready for Hannah's birthday party." They continued to stare at me. Then, my mother spoke,

       "We know that Chase is your mate." She said calmly, but of course, my dad had to start talking again,

       "But you are the next alpha. You cannot be with an omega, it's never happened before. I'm sorry, but it will be devastating for the pack....you cannot except him."

       I could feel the tears forming in my eyes for guy I've barely met,

       "You can't just tell me to reject my mate!" I yelled, they looked shocked for a moment but it was quickly replaced with anger,

       "Go to your room!" My father boomed. I too was now angry, but I obeyed. Mostly because that's where I wanted to be in the first place.

       A couple of hours later, my mom came in my room.

       "Darling, are you alright?" She asked in a gentle voice as she hugged me.

       "No," I said just above a whisper. She looked at me with a sad smile.

       "It's going to be okay. How about you clean up and get ready for that party and we can talk later, okay?" Thankfully, it was more of a question rather than a statement so I nodded headed towards the shower.