Chapter 3

Ok everyone first an apology for taking so long

I had major writer's block but I'm ready to write again.

----------------------------------------------

Nyxi's P.O.V

       "And that's when I hit the electric fence...Nyxi are you even listening to me?" Hannah snapped her fingers in my face, dragging me away from my thoughts.

       "Huh? Oh, yeah sorry. Lost in thought I guess." She looked at me with a curious, yet mischievous look in her eye.

       "What's got you so distracted that you can't even pay attention to one of my stories? I mean come on Nyx, at least say something about me running into an electric fence that was right in front of me. Not to mention that it was easily avoidable."

       "If your too much of an airhead to watch where you're going, it's your own fault." I say laughing at her. She's a werewolf, but she has a bad habit of spacing out and ignoring her senses; especially the one that says, 'Hey, look out for that thing right In front of you!'

       She rolled her eyes and gave me a serious look. 'Uh-oh, that's never good.'

       "Did something happen today?"

       'Yeah,' I though to myself, 'Something did happen today, but it's not something I want to talk about. Not yet at least.' While I was trying to think of an answer, one of her favorite songs came on and her face lit up.

       "Come on Nyxi, let's dance!" She said while dragging me to the so called "dance floor " which was just her living room.

       'Thank goodness,' I thought to myself. Hannah is easy to distract but if that was Anni, she would have never let it go. She might put it aside if I give a believable excuse, but I would definitely hear about it later. However, since I was talking to Hannah, that would probably be the end of it.

       After awhile, we got tired of dancing and decided to go outside for some fresh air.

       "I'm going to get a soda, want one?" Hannah asked while standing in the doorway.

        "Yeah, thanks." And with that, she was back in the noisy, hot house. The night air was cool and refreshing, which helped me relax. For a moment it was like all my problems were gone.

         "Hey, babe!" I sighed, I should have known that it was too good to last.

        Josh, the-most-popular-guy-in-school, Hill was walking over with two of his friends. He has sand colored hair and brown eyes that make most girls melt. Danny is tall and thin with red hair, green eyes, and freckles running across his nose. He's the goofball of the football team, but don't let his appearance and persona fool you, he's definitely strong enough to hold his own in a fight. Then there's Trey dark hair, dark eyes, and tan skin. When those three were together, the wolf girls were too intimidated to swarm around, unlike it is with just one or two of them. Even though they weren't swarming, it was way too obvious they were watching. The sheer smell of desperation was overwhelming.

       "Don't call me babe." I retort, "What do you want?" It's not like I hate him, but he's full of himself. After I become alpha, I'm thinking of making him head guard, but he has some maturing to do first. He knows this, but that hasn't stopped him from flirting.

       "What, I can't talk to my favorite girl at a party?" I fake a thoughtful look.

       "Hmm nope, later." I said as I started to get up, but got pulled back by Trey.

       "Come on Nyx, don't be like that, not on Hann...." He was cut off by Hannah walking out of the house. They stared at each other for a couple of seconds before Trey said 'mine' in a deep voice. Hannah dropped the drinks in her hand and was in his arms in the blink of an eye.

       "Well, that just happened." Danny said in an amused voice. Josh and I looked at him, not really knowing what to do until I glanced down and remembered one of those was supposed to be mine.

       "Hey, I'm happy for you guys, but did the drinks really have to suffer like that?" I ask with fake sympathy for the wasted soda, hopping to completely stop what was about to turn into a full on make out session on my best friends porch. They quickly pulled apart and Hannah was as red as a tomato.

       "Sorry Nyxi, I can go get you another." She said trying to avoid the amused looks on the three of our faces.

        "Oh no, don't bother, I'll get them, you might just drop them again. Besides, I wouldn't want to separate you from your precious mate." I said the last part sarcastically making Josh and Dany laugh. Hannah's face became even redder,

       "Come on guys, you just don't know how it feels to find your mate." Trey said as he pulled Hannah into his chest allowing her to hide her blushing face.

        "Alright, we're sorry Hannah." Josh said as seriously as he could at the moment.

       "Hey, guys what's going on out here?" Anni's sweet voice could barely be heard over the loud noises coming from the house.

       "Hannah found her mate." I said happily as I walked into the house to find myself a drink.

       When I was away from the others, I remembered what Trey said 'you just don't know how it feels to find your mate.' That was a lie, and his words stung. They could be happy together while I had to pretend Chase didn't exist, not until I could find a way to get my father's approval that is.