4- Ad

A/N- Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes on Saturday ♡ also Cat on the Balcony hit 17K on my 17th birthday which I thought was pretty funny/cool

As I scrolled through the ads on Craigslist, I was losing hope. Some were for music I had no interest in, and some were definitely pretty sketchy. No thanks.

I let out a huge huff of air, deciding that I'd only give this a few more minutes before waiting a few days and trying again. Just as I was about to close my laptop, one ad caught my eye.

"So, I have no idea how to start this thing, but here we go. My name is Tyler and I'm looking for a drummer. I'm not really in a band, it's just me playing several different things, but I can't play the drums, and I don't own a drum set. I don't really know what genre my music falls under, alternative maybe? I play ukulele, piano, and bass. And I sing, I do that too. But, yeah. If you're interested shoot me an email at TylerrJoseph@gmail.com Thanks in advance."

The ad was kind of awkward, which is good for me. I'm a little awkward too. Also, he wasn't trying to sound like a cool guy unlike most of the ads on here. I want someone who doesn't take their-self too seriously, because that'd just get on my nerves.

Also, I was curious as to what his music does sound like. A ukulele is kind of a random instrument, but I guess if done right it could sound kind of cool.

I guess I'll email him, no hurt in at least talking to the guy. It's not like I'm making a commitment to play with him or anything.

Opening a new tab, I went to my email and began writing. After reading over it a few times, checking for typos, and changing some words around, I sent it off. It was kind of short, but that's better than rambling on and boring him to death.

"Hello, my name is Josh Dun and I saw your ad on Craigslist. I'd like to meet up with you and talk a little bit more about your music, what exactly you want/need from me, and all of that jazz. It sounds pretty cool, but yeah. I'd just like to know more about you before I commit. So yeah, let's set up a time and place to meet and we can talk more!"

I closed out all of my tabs and turned off my laptop. It was close to one in the morning by now, so I don't expect to hear back from him tonight. I stood from my chair and stretched my arms over my head, letting out a small groan as I did so.

I wandered into my bathroom, pulled my shirt over my head, and tossed it into my laundry basket. I washed my face and brushed my teeth before going back into my bedroom and flopping face first down onto my bed.

I realized I was still wearing my jeans, but I didn't feel like standing back up. I began to awkwardly try to slide my jeans off while using minimal effort and movement, but that didn't really work. I looked like a fish out of water.

Eventually, and with a lot more effort than I probably would've used to just stand up, I got my jeans off and lazily tossed them somewhere on my floor.

I'd pick them up tomorrow.

Maybe.

Tyler's POV

I had been sitting on the couch staring at my computer for awhile now. I have no idea how to start this ad off; I've never done this before. I didn't want it to sound too formal, but I also didn't want to sound like this ad wasn't serious, because it is.

I had tried to write it several times, but just ended up deleting it. Finally I just ended up huffing out a breath, typing something, and hitting submit.

That would have to do for now. If I don't hear anything back in a week or so I'd try again and put more effort into the ad, but that's all I've got tonight.

I grabbed my phone and went out into my living room, settling into the couch. My parents and siblings were all asleep right now, so I turned on the TV but kept it at a low volume so nobody could yell at me for waking them up. I really need to move out soon.

I ended up falling asleep on the couch, but was woken up by my phone going off in my hand. I jolted out of my sleep, at first confused about where I was and what was going on.

Once I gained my bearings, I checked my phone and saw I had gotten an email from somebody didn't know. Could it be someone answering my ad? Surely not this soon...and this late at night.

I couldn't resist the curiosity, so I unlocked my phone, having to squint at the bright light, and started to read the email. Holy crap. It was actually someone answering the ad!

Excitement bubbled up in my chest; I might finally be catching a break! He said he wanted to meet up and talk before committing to anything, which is understandable, but I decided to wait until sometime tomorrow to reply.

I don't know why, but I feel like that might just look better. I pulled myself off the couch, yawning and stretching as I did so. I turned off the TV and slowly made my way back to my bedroom.

As I walked, I checked the calendar on my phone to see if I had anything going on, but I wasn't surprised to see that it was pretty much blank.

I tend to be kind of awkward most of the time, and as a result don't have a "thriving" social life. Yeah I have friends, but I just don't have a lot of them or do much with them.

I decided to see if this Josh guy could meet either tomorrow or the day after, the sooner the better. I shut my door and tossed my phone onto my bed before pulling my shirt over my head.

My room felt a little warm tonight, so I settled for sleeping in a pair of basketball shorts. Turning off the lights, I blindly felt my way over to my bed, tripping over a discarded shoe before making it successfully. I crawled onto the mattress and relaxed against it, not pulling my blankets up over me just yet.

I hope Josh and I get along, and that he does want to work with me. I've been dreaming of this for so long, and even worked up the courage to quit basketball for this.

Music is my only option, it has to work out somehow, and Josh might be just the person I need. I fell asleep with ideas of who Josh could be running through my mind.

Never in a million years would I have guessed who would show up to that coffee shop.

A/N- I was tagged AGAIN but this time it's a different tag so go check it out!!