14- Flirt

A/N- Today it's Bring the Rain by Finish Ticket, I saw them open up for tøp back in October and just fell in love with them ♡

Tyler and I had been working together for a week now. After that first practice we didn't anymore awkwardness and things are still going smoothly. We managed to get through the first three songs we set out to work on, and they all sounded much better than before. They went from really good, to freaking amazing!

I was always in awe of the slight things Tyler could think of to change that just made all the difference. Things I didn't even pick up on until they were different. He just has raw natural talent.

One thing that is bothering me though is I can't get a read on his feelings towards me. I mean obviously he likes me well enough, but I don't know if he likes me the way I like him.

We're taking a few days break, and later today I'm meeting Oli at the park to hang out. Josh had to go out of town for a work trip so he was feeling quite lonely by himself in their apartment. So I'm trying to get him out for bit today, help him perk up a little.

"So," Oli began as we walked on the asphalt path than ran around the perimeter of the park, "how are things going with you and Tyler?"

"Pretty good, we get along really well and all, and he's a really talented musician, but I can't tell if he, you know 'like' likes me. It's hard to get a read on him." I let out a sigh and kicked a small rock that had been lying on the path.

"Have you tried flirting a little bit or dropping some hints? Has he said anything about his orientation?" This made me let out a laugh.

"Dude, you've known me for five years! You know how awkward I can be in normally conversation, let alone trying to flirt with him! We just got through having awkward moments on a daily basis; I'm not going to start that up again."

Before Oli could answer me, I heard the faint sounds of a ukulele coming from the middle of a small group of people standing underneath a huge tree.

"Sh, sh, sh! Listen that might be him!" I said grabbing Oil's arm tightly.

"C'mon, let's go see!" I said while dragging him along behind me. He let out a small laugh.

"Sure, I'd like to be able to finally put a face with the name."

As we grew closer, I could more clearly hear the ukulele and I could even hear Tyler's voice. I didn't recognize the song he was playing; it's probably one we haven't gone over yet. We got to the edge of the small group of people, I stood behind some big guy so Tyler couldn't see me, but Oli stood in a more open area.

"Is that him?"

"Yeah." I said with a small blush.

"You're right, he is cute." Oli turned his attention back to Tyler and listened to him sing.

At the end of the song, we all clapped and some people put tips in his case, including Oli. I panicked a bit as the crowd began to thin. I didn't want to see Tyler, but at the same time I REALLY wanted to see him.

As the last of the people cleared away I saw Oli talking to Tyler. Oh dear God please don't tell him about the Halloween party last year...I heard them laughing as I walked forward.

"Oh, hey Josh!" Tyler said with a smile that made my heart jump a bit in my chest.

"Hey, what's up?" I said, successfully managing to sound normal and casual.

"Just trying to earn some extra cash and I met your friend Oli," he said nodding in Oli's general direction.

"Yeah, sadly this guy is my boss."

"Hey, I'm the best boss you've ever had you jerk!"

"You're the only boss I've ever had you tosser!" I said, trying my hardest to keep a straight face.

Instantly Oli's face hardened as he gave me his signature less-than-impressed look. I get that look every time I make fun of him, which is quite often.

"It's a good thing you and Tyler are together now, because one more thing like that and you're out of a job." Oli said while pointing an accusatory finger at me. Before I could say anymore, Tyler interrupted.

"What do you mean 'together now'?"

Instantly my eyes widened as I realized what Oli had said. It sounded like I told Oli we were dating or something!

"No! I didn't tell him we were 'together'; I said that we were working together! I definitely did not say we were together, because we're not! We are just friends, definitely just friends. There's nothing more going on here..."

I trailed off as I realized the longer I talked, the worse I was making things. I could feel a blush burning across my face as I looked down at the ground.

"Right...well I'm going to pack up and head back home; I've been out here all day. It was nice to meet you Oli, and Josh I'll see you on Tuesday, right?" Tyler said, looking as uncomfortable as I felt.

"Yeah," I mumbled, refusing to meet his gaze. Oli and I walked off as he gathered his stuff. I groaned and buried my face in my hands, causing Oli to laugh loudly at me.

"You were right earlier Josh, DO NOT try to flirt with Tyler!"

"Shut up!"